Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I am due for new tires on my 06 R6 I currently have a Bridgestone BT 016 in the front and a Bridgestone BT 003 RS in the rear. I have been riding for over a year now and I’m still having issues Leaning the bike to either side. I lean to the left with more confidence than I do to the right, now I have heard and read that different tires give you more and less confidence to lean the bike. So I’m coming on here to find out which tire would best suit me to make me more comfortable when I’m leaning the bike? I was thinking of buying a set of Bridgestone BT 023 based on some reviews of riders saying that the tire takes less time to warm up and it gives you more confident when leaning the bike to either side. Does anybody have an opinion on this? I am trying to get an idea on what type of tire I should get. I had a great experience with Bridgestone tires and I will like to continue using them. Thank you in advance for your help and go easy on me LOL.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Do a track day on a set of Michelin Power Evos. You’ll learn more in one day than if you rode the street for the next 6 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I will be hitting the track next year as that is one of my goals i know that i will learn alot from that experience. But for now am thinking am going to order the Continental ContiMotion sport touring tires as they are cost effective and have excellent reviews.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
I'm not a fan of Michelins for a variety of reasons. They may be different now, so take that for what it's worth.

Sport touring tires are an excellent choice for learning on. They stick better cold than more sport and track oriented tires, which makes them more suitable for riding at less than race pace. If I ever make it back to the track, it will probably be on sport touring tires, at least to start. Their cold performance and my likely lack of performance sufficient to heat up stickier tire properly are the reasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.