Which Super Naked?

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  ITRobert 
#1 ·

To be honest, my wish list order is now:

1. MV Agusta Dragster RR in any Limited Edition
  2. SDR
  3. Tuono Factory
All fun, all mad.

The SDR is leading the Poll comfortably! (y)

I have got myself all in a pickle as I keep going backwards and forwards :(

#2 ·
There is only one "supernaked" I know of; it's the MV Agusta Brutale 1000 in all versions; ORO, RR, ML then there are naked bikes which are superfast, like the Ducati Streetfighter V4 S and then there are wannabes from Asia...
Here you can see what I'm talking about:
Ducati: 2020 Ducati Streetfighter V4 S First Ride Review
MV Agusta: 2020 MV Agusta Brutale 1000 RR First Look (11 Fast Facts)
These are, just as you asked, the SUPERBIKES, (The Ducati a little bit less) nothing comes even close to, then people will say, what about that and that... Remember what your question was! SUPERBIKES; that was your question... If there would be another (higher) desiognation like HYPER, SUPERSONIC and so on, then these two would be it and you might call the rest super. Have fun; these are amazing works of art, more so the MV.

#3 ·
Super Nakeds was my question.

I'd separate them out differently.

HyperNakeds: (Approx 200HP +) Ducati Streetfighter, MV Agusta 1000RR and Rush, Kawasaki Z H2

Super Nakeds: SDR, MV Brutale RR/Dragster RR, Tuono,

Nakeds: Z1000, GSX-S, MT-10, Speed Triple R, CB1000R

They are also pretty evenly priced in those bands apart from the Z H2 which is a BARGAIN in this list (though not for me)

#6 ·
Love to go on that!
I have always the most fun is on the smaller, usually lighter, capacity bikes.

The most 'fun' I have ever had was on a 125cc scooter, I kid you not.
Bikes seem to be fun up to about 700. They then start to get a bit too serious and the litre bikes - they are thrilling or practical.

#8 ·
Yeah, these bikes can't spell practical. Damn uncomfy on my old ass actually. The ride back from collecting the MV... well, i am still recovering 3 days later!
I do have other bikes. I would not recommend this bike as an 'only bike'. well, unless you are mad and 20 years younger than me. :D

The Tuono, Z H2 and SDR are all better bikes - but sometimes it is purely emotional.

#9 ·
Welcome to the club! You got the best bike and don't believe what all others tell you; I have almost 22k miles on my 1090RR with ZERO issues. It's the most amazing motorcycle in the world and after nothing, nothing and nothing, there you can see far away something which is irrelevant anyways. Congrats and stay safe!

#11 ·
Thank you!
It is mint :) and it was expensive, HOWEVER, this 4 inline is a dream. If I may suggest something, don't take it in a wrong way: Your exhaust has so many man=hours in development and design, that it's a pitty to make the bike look like a Honda. The gain in power is insignificant, while the look of the three pipe design makes this bike (yours) to stand apart. The bike is very light and it;s already squeezed at 140-ish HP compared to the standard Brutale 800 at only 110 HP; I'm not sure that a complete exhaust exchange and a power commander will give you HP in a manner in which you will ever be able to feel it. Good Luck and enjoy the bike!

#12 ·
I am not after HP at all.
I have always liked the 3-can look. It is part of what MV triples are all about.
The stock can sounds too normal at idle though sounds amazing high up.

However, basically, they gave me a free SC-Project can - looks like this - so I was never going to say no!

I will fit it on.

The actual main reason I want this exhaust, or any other 3rd party one would have done, is to get rid of the horrid golden box.

#13 ·
I know exactly what you are talking about. Horrible... Probably not so much; I believe it's a matter of personal taste... Why would you like better the bulky collector (where the header goes into one large Potato) better then a carefully designed unit, is up to you. Many people I don't value on YT consider that box ridiculous, but I never ever arrange my life according to other peoples mind-set... Enjoy the bike regardless of the choice of the exhaust!
Oh, just one more thing; I will most likely go with an SC on my Ducati, but only the slip-on and ONLY for weight purposes... Different story and the Ducati is no MV...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.