Votes: 12 42.9%
  • GSXR 1000

Votes: 9 32.1%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After carefull consideration I've decided to go over board. I want to own the entire Suzuki sport bike line. This isn't going to happen over night and I'm not made of money but, I'm single, I make good money, and I'm obsessed with motorcycles! My question is this which one do you buy first! I've got the TL, and the Busa is obviously last. I'm thinking GSXR 600. Which way would you go?

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Personally if you plan on eventually owning an entire Suzuki set and have them as sort of a gallery or w/e.... I think it would be a good idea to wait for the years in which great improvements were made. AKA 2005 was pretty much the year for the 1k, so get that now. Wait for years when Suz really improves the 600 and 750 and snag those up. BTW- how come no 500? It could be like the bike you teach friends to learn on.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ershank said:
Personally if you plan on eventually owning an entire Suzuki set and have them as sort of a gallery or w/e.... I think it would be a good idea to wait for the years in which great improvements were made. AKA 2005 was pretty much the year for the 1k, so get that now. Wait for years when Suz really improves the 600 and 750 and snag those up. BTW- how come no 500? It could be like the bike you teach friends to learn on.

That is a good point and something to think about. Thanks for pointing that out. And to answer your question, I really only like the SS bikes. If you consider the 500 an SS then I guess we see things differently.

Now let me see what I can get my hands on.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
my next bike would either be a gixxer750 or a 636

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea, the GSXR 1K is killin' it right now, get that, then wait a few years down the line and pick up possibly the 6 or 750 depending on what changes are made.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would go for the 750

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Buy a honda....

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Ershank has a damn good point (and damn funny avatar)

Prior to his sagely advice, I would have recommended (and still do a bit) buying the 600, then 750, then 1000. This way you can get used to each bike and then appreciate the power gains more as you move up.

Oober also has a good point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts