Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the Scorpion exhaust, but wanted to know what the difference was between the different materials used? Is it for looks, or is one composite material better and longer lasting than the other?

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
i was told the carbon fiber keeps cooler by a good amt. but thats just what i was told, i ordered the carbon fiber scorps but they have not made it in yet, watched that video on here with the stock/scorpion comparison and its gotten my hyped up about getting them, wish they would hurry, stupid backorder!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ya, my Scorpion carbon fiber slipons are back ordered for just short of two months now(since May 4th-Pipecity). aargh.
I just saw a new FZ6 today(with temp plates) with aftemarket slipons(not cf) on all ready. aargh...

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
I think all manufacturers are on backorder except for M4. When I ordered my Leo Vince I dont think they were on B/O, just that no distributer in hte US had them so I had to wait for them to get shipped via sea.

CF is lighter and will run cooler than Ti or SS, I wouldnt get SS do to the weight. After seeing a pic of the Scorpion system, I am glad I didnt buy one. The quality doesnt seem to be on par with most other manufacturers. I would look into the M4 and Leo Vince for another cheap alternative.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The CF is definitely cooler (I have the 2B CF cans). I can touch them after a ride. They're still hot, but don't burn the hell out of me like the other materials would.

The other thing I don't like about SS is the discoloration that it gets after heat cycling. Some may like that, though.....to each their own.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well, from the pics I saw, the Scorpion looked to have a cleaner end cap setup than the M4 anyhow. JMO... Pipecity also said the Scorpion had a glossier CF finish than the M4 which was more matte. But Pipecity also said the M4 gave more power and was louder than the Scorpions. I don't know how accurate they are(Pipecity).
The other thing that drew me to the Scorpion was their claim that their pipes don't need repacking...
Plus, the Scorpions are $150 cheaper then M4.
Some of these oval cans fit kinda weird in the FZ6 tail section. Any round can FZ exhausts out there?
The word of the day? Patience :rolleyes

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Stainless models are usually significantly cheaper. Definately took into consideration when I purchased my pipe. Something like $250 for stainless (which I purchased) and $350 for carbon fiber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts