Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good backprotector...something that will strap on to my back. I have narrowed it down to the Alpinestars Tech Back Protector or one of the Dainese back protectors with the shoulder harness strap, such as the Wave.

Currently, I wear a A* Stunt Vented leather jacket, which should have enough room inside for either. In the future though, I plan to get either an A* or Dainese one piece suit and would like it to fit snug, but still allow room for a back protector.

Can someone comment on the back protector from both makes and also, would either of these back protecctors work well with whichever 1 piece suit I end up going with in the future?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
buy the one that fits/protects the best without regard to brand, style or price...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sort of the problem though. I have no real way of trying them on. No place near me has them, and A* has a 20% restocking fee policy.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
There are more protective and more comfortable options out there. The one that combines those features best appears to be the T-pro Forcefield.

www.johnsonleather.com Johnson's is said to be really easy to work with and knowledgable. I recently read a post somewhere in which they sent a guy a medium and a large to try on, without charging him for the option unless he didn't return it.

www.motostrano.com also sells it for the same price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can vouch for the Bohn Pro Racer back protector since I crashed on the track while wearing one. It's the only one I've seen that offers protection for shoulder blades and kidney area and tail bone in addition to spine. (Sidenote: my friend went down in the canyons and cracked his shoulder blade when impacting a rock (his shoulder blade and range of motion may never be the same) so shoulder blade protection seems to be a good idea.

I lowsided on the track at ~80 mph, sliding on my elbows and back and tail bone. I was wearing the Bohn Pro Racer, along with the Bohn Armored shorts (thigh and tail bone armor). I didn't feel a thing and the armor (and my Astars leathers) held up great. This back protector fits fine under my leathers (A* TZ-1 jacket and A* Track Pants).

http://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=KC28BK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts