Votes: 2 18.2%
  • none......i dont look at any motorcycle magazines

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please chime in with the poll above.......

A buddy is thinking about doing some advertising in one of the major news stand motorcycle magazines and we were debating which magazine would be best. He only has the money to advertise in one magazine, so I'm just curious what SB.net guys like to read most. His products are geared towards sportbikes mainly, but work with sport touring as well. The obvious magazines are Sport Rider, Cycle World and Motorcyclist. Sport rider has the smallest circulation and lowest advertising costs, cycleworld and motorcyclist have much larger subscriber bases......but are a lot more money to advertise in. We are not sure if cycleworld and motorcyclist are really the target audiences though. Mainly bc his business is geared toward sport bikes ( R6, R1, CBR, Ninjas, GSXR's and some of those who like the sport touring bikes......FZ's, SV's and such ). I was thinking sport rider, but again, their subscriber base is 1/4 of the other larger two....

Thanks

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
RRW / PB. Both far better than the US Magazines. If I had to choose the one above - then I would have to go SR - but we are on a Sportbike website are we not?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think the only one i have read a "dead trees" version of is cycle world, but i don't subscribe to any of them.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
I read all three. No particular preference, lean slightly to Sport Rider. There is an awful lot of overlap between the three. Cycle World and Motorcyclist have the exact same reviews every month, only slightly different critiques.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Rider, Road Runner, plus Motorcycle Classics. And from your list, Motorcyclist, but it is not even close to being my favorite ...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I used to get sport rider and motorcyclist, last two years I've only been getting sport rider and my subscription just ended. I'm debating on whether or not to renew

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
Used to be sport rider but I haven't bought a magazine in years. They are usually 70% ads anyways these days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts