Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of these 4 bikes, which one is fastest (assuming they are all stock) from 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

1994 Suzuki RF600
Yamaha FZR600 (any year)
Suzuki Katana 600 (any year)
Honda CBR600F1 (1991-1993)

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Is that your only criteria for buying? The CBR is the quickest.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
The CBR is the fastest out of that group. By the way, from 91 to 94 the CBR was the F2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Bad about the CBR. I meant F2. No im not buying any of these, was just having a discussion with a couple of co-workers. Another friend of mine said the RF600 was quicker than the CBR. Said the FZR was quicker than the Katana. Also said a Ninja ex500 was quicker than the Katana too! I know those bikes are heavy, but i didnt think a 500 was faster.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
An ex500 will get blown away by any displacement katana... They turn better - but the katana is faster in acceleration and top speed.

I would imagine the fzr and cbr are pretty close, but FZR 6's have a fzr 400 tranny - too weak a tranny for the bike and thus they are known for their transmission problems.

I belive the RF is a slightly "higher grade" version of the katana with more expesive components, a little more power, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw Cycleworld's test numbers for the Ninja 500 (0-60 in 3.76 secs and 1/4 mile in 12.7 something or other) and thought they would be close to a Kats, so i was just curious about that one.

As far as the others, i have heard that FZR's are really quick and light feeling. I cant find much info on the net about the RF600 other than they look sweet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow that is wayyy faster then what i thought a ninja 500 could do ... that is still faster then almost any stock car (like faster then vettes)

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
craz1e83 said:
wow that is wayyy faster then what i thought a ninja 500 could do ... that is still faster then almost any stock car (like faster then vettes)
Keep in mind those numbers are corrected for elevation, temp, and humidity. They also usually have a LIGHT rider on them, that KNOWS how to drag race.

Real world numbers for that bike would likely be mid 13's to low 14's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly...just like real world numbers for "supersport" 600's that do 0-60 in 3 secs or less and 1/4 mile times in the 10+'s. Those are from light riders and experts as well. These numbers should all be taken with a grain of salt so to speak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts