Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poped a bridgestone battlax front yesterday but it needed replacement anyway. after washing out a few times in sub-60 degree weather i think i need a tire that warms up better. stickiness is nice as well. felt like i was riding on crayons sometimes, sliding across the pavement. i'll be getting a rear soon so recommendations for that are welcome as well. never rain in wet so grooves aren't important.

what about diblo corsa or dunlop 208 tires.

WHO HAS THE BEST PRICE?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
are you talking about a good tire for stoppies/endo's? i hear dudes recommending 208's, m1's, and pilot sports a lot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sticky tire in general, and one that doesn't need a torch to warm up. something that won't skid when im bringing either end up

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
audiophan said:
sticky tire in general, and one that doesn't need a torch to warm up. something that won't skid when im bringing either end up
yeah, what he said. there's no "best" tire for stuntin, just get something with good grip and heats up decently quick. ive seen guys with race takeoffs for the rear before, too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not necassarily looking for the 'best' tire, just something better than what i have/had. picked up the metz m1 from ronayers - with only $6 shipping it ended up being a bettre deal than parts411. only $93 shipped.

race takeoffs are popular when doing burnouts. at a few bucks a tire who cares if they only last a few practice sessions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
audiophan said:
not necassarily looking for the 'best' tire, just something better than what i have/had. picked up the metz m1 from ronayers - with only $6 shipping it ended up being a bettre deal than parts411. only $93 shipped.

race takeoffs are popular when doing burnouts. at a few bucks a tire who cares if they only last a few practice sessions.
i've got the same tire from the same place; damn good tire. Oh, and snigg, dunlops suck ass.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i ran metzler M1's they stick nicely but suck for burnouts at low pressure they bounce and stick....d208's are good and so are pirelli dragons thats what i have had on the rear for a while

·
Registered
60 Posts
Reckless01 said:
i ran metzler M1's they stick nicely but suck for burnouts at low pressure they bounce and stick....d208's are good and so are pirelli dragons thats what i have had on the rear for a while
M1s should only be used on the front, and shitty tires on the rear (d208s)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts