Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bike and I have a dunlop 208 in back with plenty of tread but my front tire badly needs replacing. I was just going to get a new 208 in the front but I haven't heard very good things about them on this website. Any other recommendations? I am pretty new to bikes and do not ride very hard/fast yet...but probably will in the future. Also, is it bad to mix tire brands between front and back?

I need to buy a tire tomorrow morning so any quick advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Don't mix your tires, different companys use different compounds and all sorts of crap. Replace them both at the same time, it's a bit more, but easier. Then just keep the one you took off in the front with plenty of tread as a spare....you never know when you'll pick up a nail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you keep your rear tire, D208 ONLY.

If you replace both tires, pilot powers or m-1 sportechs, whichever you get a better deal on. I personally prefer pilot powers for the front wheel and m-1 on the rear, but unless it's my stuntbike that I'm using for stoppies I use both m-1 front and rear.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
The D208 is an excellent tire. I had one on my bike for 6,000 miles, it gave me plenty of grip in the wet and the dry. I could actully lift the rear wheel off the ground during hard breaking.......and this is with a 520lb bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts