1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mv Agusta F3 800

Ducati 899 Panigale

Aprilla RSV-4

Things have been going real good lately boys, this spring i should be in a position to make a major move.

I have checked out the PANTY-gale and man I am very impressed with with it. I really like the look of all three and they all have that wow factor and are all around the same price. This will be my forth bike so I'm not a begineer.
I'm not really concerned about which is the fastest as I know all three are quick, Handling is very important to me. The bike will be used for light commute and a few high speed runs now and then(maybe even a little track in the future)

Which should I get guys. I really like the the look of all three.
Has anybody here rode any of these if so I would like your opinion

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Everything I've read about the MV says it's a great track bike but it's shit on the road. So if your plan is to track it I'd go with that. Otherwise, The Aprilia I'd my choice just for the motor.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Mv Agusta F3 800

Ducati 899 Panigale

Aprilla RSV-4

Things have been going real good lately boys, this spring i should be in a position to make a major move.

I have checked out the PANTY-gale and man I am very impressed with with it. I really like the look of all three and they all have that wow factor and are all around the same price. This will be my forth bike so I'm not a begineer.
I'm not really concerned about which is the fastest as I know all three are quick, Handling is very important to me. The bike will be used for light commute and a few high speed runs now and then(maybe even a little track in the future)

Which should I get guys. I really like the the look of all three.
Has anybody here rode any of these if so I would like your opinion
None of the above, based on your experience level and for what you will use it for. It also doesn't matter because you want something that's sexy, and trying to buy that is just mental masturbation.

My vote: Keep your 650 and spend $ on track days. I had a parallel twin 650r after owning a zx14 and R1, and a ton more experience than you. Trust me, if you want to feel like a superstar, learn to ride the 650 fast, preferably at track days. Odds are you'll be just as fast in turns with that as you would any supersport.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Aprilia.

I've sat on a Panigale, and I didn't like where your knees contact the bike. It's not the normal side-of-tank position, but lower on the bodywork. It seemed like I'd have a hard time gripping it with my legs than other models.

The RSV4 is a magical machine. But if I were you, I'd get the Tuono V4 and a cheap track beater. The Tuono is a better street bike while still being awesome for sport riding, and riding an RSV4 on the track would just make me scared. GSXR parts are a dime a dozen...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had the opportunity to demo ride both the MV And the 899 on the track. I was much more comfortable on the MV. It was much more comfortable (for me) than the 899 and handled a lot better (again for me) so my vote is the MV.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts
My shopping list was, in order:
1. Aprilia Tuono [ABS traction control, etc]
2. KTM Superduke [^ same just not as good]

What I actually bought:
Ducati 1199 Panigale, local dealer gave me a good deal. 1300 miles in, not regretting my decision.

I had rented a Tuono and put 230 miles on it in one day, loved it.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
My shopping list was, in order:
1. Aprilia Tuono [ABS traction control, etc]
2. KTM Superduke [^ same just not as good]

What I actually bought:
Ducati 1199 Panigale, local dealer gave me a good deal. 1300 miles in, not regretting my decision.

I had rented a Tuono and put 230 miles on it in one day, loved it.
The 1290 gets nearly 200 miles on a tank.....compared to 105 for the tuono....

And you don't have to ride the shit out of it to make it calm down, the vr4 is still a track bitch with bars. My short list was the vr4, duke, 1200s, and s1000r.

I bought the super duke.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 1290 gets nearly 200 miles on a tank.....compared to 105 for the tuono....

And you don't have to ride the shit out of it to make it calm down, the vr4 is still a track bitch with bars. My short list was the vr4, duke, 1200s, and s1000r.

I bought the super duke.
Agreed, 100 miles per tank blows, sounds like the SuperDuke gets way better gas mileage too.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
Agreed, 100 miles per tank blows, sounds like the SuperDuke gets way better gas mileage too.
I'll see 48mpg rolling around at 80 in 5th gear (6th is for over a ton only). It gets about 38mpg lane splitting light to light in the morning going to work.

If I can ever get a clutch cover that doesn't have a leak it would be prefect.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts