Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the exhaust on my bike and as it is an older one my choices are very limited, can anyone offer some advice on the two choices I have? The only systems I can find are a D & D or Vance & Hines SS2R?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Well most everyone here will dog on D&D (which I believe they do that because it's the "in" thing to do), but they sound pretty good on some bikes, but bad on others. For example, I thought it sounded pretty good on my old Suzuki RF600, but bad on my F4i. Dont' know about on Kats. I know very little about V&H. Sorry I can't help more, but I think you should take what they say about D&D with a grain of salt.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
I hate D&D not b/c it's the "in" thing to do, but b/c it's just so damn loud. I refuse to ride behind anyone that has one.

I've heard V&H is the same way, with ok quality. No first hand experience tho. Atleast D&D's quality is good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My D&D on my '94 F2 is the loudest damn thing I have ever heard. the can is falling apart (some of the rivets at the bottom of the can are coming loose). I am going to change it out to an SS2R soon. I have heard that the performance gains on the V&H are about the best out there since their designs mirror those of the HRC.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yosh also made one.... check out katriders.com- there's a list of compatable exhausts on there somewhere, i believe.

and yeah- the V&H is the best, most people say.

Good luck!!

·
Duc hunter
1,269 Posts
i'd spring for the V&H myself. I've been around D&D pipes too much to ever recommend them. ugh...

X

·
0 Posts
I had the V&H full system on my '93 Kat 750 and was happy with it. Sounded good and looked way better than the stock pipes.
Over on Katriders they have a sticky on compatable exhausts. I've never really looked through it, but it might help you find some more choices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The D&D 's sound good on the twins but if money is no objectthe Leo's or Arrow will work great and sound good. I have the D&D on my Ducati Monster love the sound but should of spent afew more bucks and got the Arrow's high mount.dt

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
DIVER65 said:
I'm looking at replacing the exhaust on my bike and as it is an older one my choices are very limited, can anyone offer some advice on the two choices I have? The only systems I can find are a D & D or Vance & Hines SS2R?
Call Hindle canada and ask if they have any runs left over or if they can pop on out for you.

Best bang for the buck! The Hindle family is a good family, they strive to produce great parts for good prices and are true enthusiasts.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
+1 Hybrid, if you looking for loud, that Hindle will make some noise(baffle in or out)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts