Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went for a cruise out on the open road today and thought i would try out using the ipod for the first time while riding. I dug it..... but those stupid earbuds that came with the ipod suck, they fall out when I try to put my helmet on and just sit there between my ears and the foam in the helmet. Can you guys suggest any other types that work well for you. Thanks all

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
depends on your player.

I have a phillips 2gb player and if I use the Koss earbuds, the volume coming thru is ridiculously quiet. Even with the player on full blast. I have a set of over the ear types that aren't very comfortable, but they are at least loud enough for me to hear the music over my exhaust.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice SnookayDCC..... those ones you linked to were the ones that I was looking at in the store. Might have to give them a try

·
Registered
912 Posts
Those are the same as the Koss model everyone is raving about, but I think Koss charges $5 less.

·
Registered
791 Posts
who has them and tested it out though? Soon as my pda gets here i may just buy it and if thy dont work take it back.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I want to get some type of setup where I could mount my mp3 player on the bike and use wireless earbuds, maybe even stick some type of speaker in the foam of my helmet. Is there anything out like that yet? anyone using a wireless setup? I cant stand the cords.

·
Registered
321 Posts
This may be off topic but I love Killswitch Engage, to be on topic I don't know if they make a wireless earbug, they have wireless stereo headphones that you may be able to mount in your helmet with alot of effort...

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Sony fontopia. Fit inside the ear and make a seal. Even with no music they are blocking wind noise. Don't fall out either. You can get them at circuit city for $50 or on eby for 35 or so.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
I don't know where you guys are getting all this space in your helmet for these huge earbuds. I had to really shave down a set of my own to be much slimmer than the Koss buds, and the headphones still irritate me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ershank said:
I don't know where you guys are getting all this space in your helmet for these huge earbuds. I had to really shave down a set of my own to be much slimmer than the Koss buds, and the headphones still irritate me.
Huge earbuds? I thought the point if the earbud was that it was tiny and fit in your ear so you didn't have to worry about having a larger headphone to worry about. The original headphones that came with my ipod are small and those sony fontopia ones seem even smaller because they actually fit inside your ear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've tried the in-the-ear-noise-reducing earbuds and they work well with a helmet on but I can't seem to keep them in without a helmet. I dunno maybe my ears are f'd up !! :lol Anywho, in the helmet works well and i do suggest tryin them

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Kizzer said:
I've tried the in-the-ear-noise-reducing earbuds and they work well with a helmet on but I can't seem to keep them in without a helmet. I dunno maybe my ears are f'd up !! :lol Anywho, in the helmet works well and i do suggest tryin them
The fontopia's come with different sized rubber surrounds so if you have b***** ear canals you can get them to fit snug.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think depending on the helmit and how it fits, you have room for them or not. Like there is a little gap beside my ears in my helmet which gives me the room for the earbuds, but just need some that stay in. Too bad there isnt a helmet that has earphones and even a microphone in it so you can just plug your helmet right into your player or a cell phone if needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts