Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input from the experienced Sportbiker.....

Which bike is better and why Buell XB12S, Suzuki SV1000, Honda Superhawk.

I need the capability to use the bike as a daily driver as well as a canyon cutter.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Gearhead-FMC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have taken MSF advanced course.

I have had bunches of bikes. CZ250, CZ400, RM250, RD400, YZ500, GS750, GS1000, XR500R, HD FLHTCUI...

I'm just looking for a V-Twin for boppin' round town and some occasional canyon runs.

Any input is appreciated.!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Buell's rep for reliability is pretty sketchy but you might know better than I since you have owned a Harley. For me it would be between the Honda and the Suzuki. I haven't ridden either, but from the specs it appears that the SV is newer, cheaper, lighter, has a fully adjustable suspension and fuel injection......

·
Registered
132 Posts
Why not include the FZ1 in that group? It's a better bike than all 3 of those. More power, higher level of comfort, better suspension, bullet-proof design, and good price. The Buell might be a fun 2nd bike, but not as your daily driver. The Superhawk is a decent bike. The suspension isn't great and it has a small gas tank and it's expensive for what you get. The SV1000 might be the best choice of the 3 you mentioned.

·
Registered
681 Posts
mikofz1 said:
Why not include the FZ1 in that group?
Because it's NOT a twin! d'oh!

I'd take the SV as well, the Honda if nothing else was available and the dealers can keep their Xb's!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was under the impression that the newest buells (xb serries) had minimal problems and if there were any it was all covered under warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
sv1000 has fuel injection and better suspension that honda.

buells are really cool, I rode one and it feels very small. Also it seems that buel would require hardly any maintainance at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sv

I also suggest the SV. I have one and the ride is sweet. Like mentioned above, the prices are dirt cheap right now. Lower fairing deals out there too if you like that look. My only complaint is the bars are a TAD, I emphasize, TAD low for me. Helibars might make it the best all-a-rounder. Check out this...

http://www.sv1000.zyns.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all for the input. Seems like SV, then Honda....I guess the reputation of Buell is not too good.

I have 12k on my FLHTCUI (tour bike) and have had ZERO problems, almost like owing a Japanese bike!

I'll ride the three this weekend and plunk down somw cash.

Thanks again,

Gearhead-FMC

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I like the Superhawk the best basically because it's by far the most comfortable. I really like the SV bikes, but wouldn't want one for a commuter really, especially if it didn't have that nice 650 in it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts