Sport Bikes banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Realistically, yes, you are too old to ever be Valentio Rossi
Curious as to why you feel this way. Valentino is what, 32? Who says the OP isn't a natural and picks up way faster than most? You never know these things.

OP: I've been waiting till I was financially stable to begin trying to compete. It is something I plan to do, hopefully sooner than later. Go for it man, and best of luck to you as well!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Haw! There is no shortage of people willing to stand in a line, just to tell you that you can't do something, for one reason or another. What is possible in this world is much vaster than what your mind is conditioned to tell you is possible. We all limit ourselves and each other too much.

Go for it!

- John

I think some of the best advice I got was from a professional racer and friend... and he said someone will ALWAYS be there telling you why you CAN'T

(too old- too much responsibility too much risk too mcuh this not enough that etc etc)

most of those people are the people who will NEVER live their life to the fullest- they will regret so much and miss most of their lives and their dreams.

I'm a firm believer in rolling out of bed every morning to be the best whatever (underwater basketweaver) that you can be and that YOU believe that you can be/do.

hasn't worked out so well for me- but I still dream and really my success rate for being a complete and utter asshole is about 100% on a daily basis so-at least one thing achomplished!

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I know an 70 something year old German(races in the states) who races vintage BMW motorcycle and has won 10 championships in the past 15 years...

·
Registered
1 Posts
WEll.......
the title says it all ,there are many people who told me that its to late to start racing and going pro or become a sposered rider.........

I have been doing racing since i was 16.I am 21 now.....

Is it reeally too late.....
I am not talking about being in motogp or wsbk........there are many in 40's in wsbk and ama........:bangdesk
Of all the things that could scare me, Not being able to start AMA racing at 45 (currently 43 but not rushing the process) would be on the top of my list.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts