Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I hve to ask what I feel is a stupid question, but if I don't ask I may never know. :rolleyes

There are tons of Rallies, Shows, and Party scenes centered around the Big V-Twin Bikes (Harley-Davidson) such as Stugis, Myrtle Beach, Daytona, etc. My question, where are the Sportbike Rallies? Track Days are cool, but I want to get together with a group of brothers and sisters with my taste in bikes.

:bitchslap

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
My guess is find a motorcycle stunt show in your area. The one this year in Lakeland FL had 3,000-4,000 sportbikes there and at least 1 or 2 Harleys. It was a great show also.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
The party's in your mouth, and everyones coming. :)

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Myrtle Beach is probably the BIGGEST for sport bikes. Black Bike Week specifically, has more sport bikes than anything. Regular bike week (for lack of better terms - I AM NOT BEING RACIST) also has it's fair share of sport bikes.

This week through this coming Sunday at Rockingham NC is a HUGE event, with mostly (afaik) sportbikes. It's being held at the dragstrip (check out NC Forum - Group Rides subforum for details). Come on up and party with us here. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to a race...AMA at Barber was a sport bike rally of sorts (my first bike event). Sport bikes of all makes, cruisers, tourers, etc., vendors, the big 4 and the Italians had displays, and a race to boot.

I was impressed. :cheers

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Myrtle Beach is probably the BIGGEST for sport bikes. Black Bike Week specifically, has more sport bikes than anything. Regular bike week (for lack of better terms - I AM NOT BEING RACIST) also has it's fair share of sport bikes.

This week through this coming Sunday at Rockingham NC is a HUGE event, with mostly (afaik) sportbikes. It's being held at the dragstrip (check out NC Forum - Group Rides subforum for details). Come on up and part with us here. :D

A big +1 to this :cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anti-Hero said:
The party's in your mouth, and everyones coming. :)
I guess you got away with that comment. I really don't feel like flying out to Cali just to whip some ignorant moron.

For the rest of you, thanks for the responses. I will definitely be headed out to Myrtle next year.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I'm still a bit ticked about Anti-Hero's stupidity. I'm sure it was a joke and was all in good fun. At least I hope it was.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Just an observation, but around here most people on sport bikes like to ride, not hang out. There are a few "gathering spots" up in the hills where one can chill for a bit, eat, drink (water usually), compare notes or just chat it up, but generally the goal is to get back on the twisties.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
TRaGiK said:
+1 If u plan on going u better reserve a hotel well in advance. For that one week Myrtle Beach is overun with bikes. It will probably be the most bikes u have ever seen in one place at one time. One piece of advice....if you're not on it lock your shit up....lots of bikes get stolen that week.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Custom900 said:
Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I'm still a bit ticked about Anti-Hero's stupidity. I'm sure it was a joke and was all in good fun. At least I hope it was.
Smilies (like the one at the end of his statement) usually indicate a joke. Hope your day gets better from here on out. Find the local twisties or stunt spot. Check the local forums. Get hooked up with some riders with similar interests, and get out there and ride. :cheers

·
loner
201 Posts
Custom900 said:
I guess you got away with that comment. I really don't feel like flying out to Cali just to whip some ignorant moron.

For the rest of you, thanks for the responses. I will definitely be headed out to Myrtle next year.

i don't think so, dude. i think he was serious... go beat him up.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Custom900 said:

It was a joke when I posted it. But since you're a tough guy, now I mean it. What time will you be landing?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
that joke about the party is so old it qualifies for AARP discount.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts