Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got back from up north a while ago, and i cant seem to find the pics from water st. from the last 2 weekends. dont tell me you guys (and gals) didnt go. what were you doing that was so important at 2:30 am that you couldnt take pics on water?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey you, Welcome back!!!! We didn't have Brian for our water street outing this weekend. Friday afternoon quite a few of us went to Cory's funeral. Went to eat afterwards....met up with a small group at guess where????? Starbucks and went for a nice country ride. We all took off early after no-one else showed up at Mcdonalds like stephanie thought they would. We actually got home before 1:00 it was not the norm!!!! well hope you and Lisa had a good time up north!

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Yea Dave I had some band and work stuff to take care of over the last two weekends, so I wasn't out much if at all. You need to take some pics of my bike in the daylight now that I have the new parts on, maybe I can swing by sometime soon. I also found out that you are alot older than I thought, in a conversation I had with Bryan a few days ago.

Tom.
Tom.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
sweetnlow said:
Hey you, Welcome back!!!! We didn't have Brian for our water street outing this weekend. Friday afternoon quite a few of us went to Cory's funeral. Went to eat afterwards....met up with a small group at guess where????? Starbucks and went for a nice country ride. We all took off early after no-one else showed up at Mcdonalds like stephanie thought they would. We actually got home before 1:00 it was not the norm!!!! well hope you and Lisa had a good time up north!
It was COLD

P.S. I still want to know what that guy's deal was that showed up on the Can o Tuna and sat at the table rubbing his face the whole time. Seemed like he was coming down from some kind of high.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
davisa said:
got back from up north a while ago, and i cant seem to find the pics from water st. from the last 2 weekends. dont tell me you guys (and gals) didnt go. what were you doing that was so important at 2:30 am that you couldnt take pics on water?
Hey, Dave, what's up? I didn't think you were ever coming back.

So, what's the problem, are you having "the matchmaker" withdrawals? Weren't you able to pimp out any woodland creatures while on vacation? :twofinger

OK, let's see...my last two weekends:

- 7/16 - tornado and thunderstorm warnings
- 7/17 - Stunt Life
- 7/18 - go-cart races at State Fair (I got two laps on the track on my bike) and a big group of us rode to the Festa Italiana fireworks
- 7/23 - getting ready for the weekend (chores around the house, safety check of the bike, and packing)
- 7/24 and 7/25 - rode down to Marengo, IL (got back at 10pm last night)

I tried to keep busy and keep my mind off the fact that "the matchmaker" was gone! :twofinger :flipa

PS: I am waiting on some PICS of me on a pocketbike

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Pocket Bike and I admit, they are fun, but you're better off going with a XR50. More options, comfortable and fun than the Pocket Bike. The 50's are a blast...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Moses said:
Me riding GODFATHER's GRC pocketbike yesterday...damn I want one so bad!
Pic #1 - you were still pimpen the ho's....LOL....liken them younger are we?

·
Stabmaster
78 Posts
Jokertlr said:
P.S. I still want to know what that guy's deal was that showed up on the Can o Tuna and sat at the table rubbing his face the whole time. Seemed like he was coming down from some kind of high.
It seems that I'm forced to defend myself. I'm the guy who was trying to organize that midnight ride, unfortunately that night wasnt the best. First of all I have a tendancy to dislike/distrust anyone I dont know, makes it a pain to deal with new people but Ill usually manage, second as expected I had the most inferior bike in the lot, Im used to it being the exact opposite with my former car so Im already annoyed at that point. Third when I was at work I got nailed in the head with about 25lbs of steel then fell about 15 feet, that kinda fuggs up ur head a bit ya know? Anyway I get a good adrenaline surge going after I get hurt like that so I dont notice injuries, untill I got off my bike and it was sit down or fall down. I said I was going to show up so I showed up, not in ideal condition but I did. About 5 min. after you guys left I decieded to ride solo to la crosse, got about to the dells when I blew chunks on the side of the freeway and thought it wasnt a good sign and headed home, slept for 15 hours. that should cover it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
It seems that I'm forced to defend myself. I'm the guy who was trying to organize that midnight ride, unfortunately that night wasnt the best. First of all I have a tendancy to dislike/distrust anyone I dont know, makes it a pain to deal with new people but Ill usually manage, second as expected I had the most inferior bike in the lot, Im used to it being the exact opposite with my former car so Im already annoyed at that point. Third when I was at work I got nailed in the head with about 25lbs of steel then fell about 15 feet, that kinda fuggs up ur head a bit ya know? Anyway I get a good adrenaline surge going after I get hurt like that so I dont notice injuries, untill I got off my bike and it was sit down or fall down. I said I was going to show up so I showed up, not in ideal condition but I did. About 5 min. after you guys left I decieded to ride solo to la crosse, got about to the dells when I blew chunks on the side of the freeway and thought it wasnt a good sign and headed home, slept for 15 hours. that should cover it.
Whoa, should of said something man, we just thought you were some random person, I feel bad now. And I don't know why you're worried about what kind of bike you have, no big deal to us.

·
Stabmaster
78 Posts
after a few blows to the head like that i was just some random person, coundnt think straight for the life of me, i talked to the guy w/long hair for about a minute and i just couldnt keep my head together, everything is still a blur man... and as for the bike, i went from havin the car that even out ran about 60% of the 600cc class bikes, and a handfull of the 750cc's to a sunfire, and the katana 600, which if i remember right is the most inferior 600 made. its not a big deal, buts its always in the back of my head i went from undefeated to back marker.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
after a few blows to the head like that i was just some random person, coundnt think straight for the life of me, i talked to the guy w/long hair for about a minute and i just couldnt keep my head together, everything is still a blur man... and as for the bike, i went from havin the car that even out ran about 60% of the 600cc class bikes, and a handfull of the 750cc's to a sunfire, and the katana 600, which if i remember right is the most inferior 600 made. its not a big deal, buts its always in the back of my head i went from undefeated to back marker.
What kind of car did you have? That thing must of been a beast, you must of been putting out over 700 horses. What happened to it? And about the Katana thing, don't worry about it, with bikes what matters more is how you ride it, not how fast it is. There are probably a lot of guys out there with Katana's that could wipe up the floor with me (actually, probably all of them). Straightline is for the dragstrip.

·
Stabmaster
78 Posts
'78 trans am 455, torque broke both frame rails and punched them through the floor pan, almost lost the rear axle, had to get rid of it for obvious reasons, kick myself in the a$$ daily for not pulling the engine. as for how i ride the bike, i cant lean a bike over like i used to, i get so far over then i start thinking not good, not good. then again lay a bike down at 80mph without protective gear and it does that to ya. come to think of it, i still dont own any gear except a $100 helmet i had to buy before i had my license.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You should get some gear, its a good decision to wear it all the time. I don't leave home without it.

·
Banned
25 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
I had the most inferior bike in the lot
I get that all the time when I'm on my Kat 750 in a group full of Busa's, R1's and GSXR750's. I love my kat though it does everything I want it to and I still have a large amount of dough in the savings account..

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
and as for the bike, i went from havin the car that even out ran about 60% of the 600cc class bikes, and a handfull of the 750cc's to a sunfire, and the katana 600, which if i remember right is the most inferior 600 made. its not a big deal, buts its always in the back of my head i went from undefeated to back marker.
Don't worry about what you ride man. It's all about being on two wheels around here. :headbang

·
Stabmaster
78 Posts
its not that im worried about the bike being slower than everything else its just that im used to the opposite, anyway its almost unique, i dont think i've seen a pre98 katana on this board yet; as for gear, i'd need a size 42 jacket with XL sleeves, i've looked and havent found that yet

·
Registered
444 Posts
GSXFER600 said:
its not that im worried about the bike being slower than everything else its just that im used to the opposite, anyway its almost unique, i dont think i've seen a pre98 katana on this board yet; as for gear, i'd need a size 42 jacket with XL sleeves, i've looked and havent found that yet
Have to admit they're aren't many Katana's around that I've ridden with. As far as faster/slower... we all ride different bikes and most of us understand that. We may get movin but we don't run away from people.

Try different brands for jackets... every brand is going to be a little different. The sleeves on my Alpine jacket are a touch longer and narrower than my Joe Rocket... same size.. just different manufacturer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts