Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been living in SoCal for they last few years and now I'm moving back home to Mass. (Norwood)

Growing up in Mass. I didn't have a bike so I need to know where the good twisties are. I've been kind of spoiled with the canyons in SoCal so please tell me there are some good places to ride!

Also let me know about tracks in New England. thanks :cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, no good roads huh. I guess people in MA only use their bikes to pick up coffee at Dunkin Donuts on the weekends. Damn...and my bike doesn't have any cup holders :neener

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Just use the city streets and rotaries :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speedy B said:
Alright so I've been living in SoCal for they last few years and now I'm moving back home to Mass. (Norwood)

Growing up in Mass. I didn't have a bike so I need to know where the good twisties are. I've been kind of spoiled with the canyons in SoCal so please tell me there are some good places to ride!

Most people will probably say "New Hampshire" - it's tough to find good roads in Mass, especially the eastern part. It's over crowded, full of potholes, etc.

Rte 2 out in the western part of the state can be nice when there's not much traffic.

As for tracks, there's really only one right now - NHIS in Louden, NH. Yeah the same one they use for NASCAR, has a road course too. Plenty of groups run track days up there. I've only done one so far, with www.tonystrackdays.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info cxi. I kind of figured potholes would be a problem. Guess I'll have to make some trips to NH...or maybe I will just circle around a rotary for a few hours. :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Route 113? or 133 in Essex/Hamilton/Wenham/Beverly is pretty nice, and you can meet up with 127 which was said in the preceeding post, pretty decent.

You might want to checkout www.nestreetriders.com for more info on the local scene.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speedy B said:

Great riding in MetroWest area and western MA....otherwise NH and VT if you have the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts