Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyplace on a 2003 RC51 where you can store your helmet when you are not riding? I looked in the tail section and couldn't find a place to clip my helmet to. Am I missing something?

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
yes you are. In the tool kit bag there is a cable which you use to secure the helmet under the seat, I never leave mine out with the bike. I like to keep it colse by.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm with Snowman.
Mine's usually with me. Sometimes put it in a locker if I'm at the mall or something. Plus I look cool walking around with it!!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i keep mine close.. spiders and shit like to camp out in my helmet

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snowman said:
yes you are. In the tool kit bag there is a cable which you use to secure the helmet under the seat, I never leave mine out with the bike. I like to keep it colse by.
I bought my bike used and do not have the tool kit... what does this strap look like? Something I can fabricate or should I order it?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
QWIK1 said:
I bought my bike used and do not have the tool kit... what does this strap look like? Something I can fabricate or should I order it?
Don't do it. It will turn into a rubbish receptacle in no time.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would just carry the helmet around w/you to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Got_1 said:
i keep mine close.. spiders and shit like to camp out in my helmet

I hear you there. I take my helmet inside with me at work and I've started taking it inside my house at night too. Leaving it in my garage seems to be allowing every bug known to man (or my garage rather) to hide out until I'm riding - then they fly around in my helmet!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I carry mine. It's safer. Fuckers will steal anything these days!! There is actually a post on here about 2 guys that tried to steal a members lid.

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
I carry mine. It's safer. Fuckers will steal anything these days!! There is actually a post on here about 2 guys that tried to steal a members lid.

That's the issue here in SFla they will cut the strap to get the lid. Without the strap it's useless but not to them.

You can make the strap all it is, a strap with a loop at each end. If you go to Ron Ayers and look it up on the parts finder you will see a pic of it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
the words "have to pry it out of my cold dead hands" come to mind...I take mine everywhere...to paranoid of theft mostly. Plus i wouldn't want the weather to jack it up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts