Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the general consensus is to get a new tire instead of plugging the old, I was wondering if anyone could reccommend a good place to order tires online?

If it helps I am looking for 180 55 ZR17 Dunlops.

Thanks
Cris

·
Registered
424 Posts
www.americanmototire.com

They have the cheapest prices I've seen anywhere online, even better than RonAyers. Though the best thing to do is to find a local motorcycle shop that price matches, show them the americanmototire website and get your tires there. That's what I did, I got my Metzler M1's for $109 rear and $85 front plus mounting/balancing and I didn't have to pay for shipping! Just for reference, they wanted $160 rear and $130 front for those M1's, so I saved a good $90.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Ron Ayers has good prices(click link above)

You might like to know that a sport touring tire will give you all the grip you"ll need on the street and will last a lot longer.I'm running the Metz MZ6 on my 600RR and I ride pretty hard in the mountians with them giving me excelent grip on dry and wet roads alike.A added + is the 10,000 miles per rear and a little more on the front.

·
King of Found the Ground
146 Posts
hey whats up? im from richmond too. what part are you from?
anyways
TIRE SALE UPDATE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!
#1283462 - 11/03/04 02:42 AM
Here is a revised list to our PERMANENT Tire Sale.

Pirelli Diablo 120-180 206.00 Shipped
Pirelli Diablo 120-190 226.00 Shipped
Diablo Corsa 120-180 275.00 Shipped
Diablo Corsa 120-190 295.00 Shipped
Dunlop 208 120-180 199.00 Shipped
Dunlop 208 120-190 225.00 Shipped
Metzler M1 120-180 200.00 Shipped
Metzler M1 120-190 215.00 Shipped
BT014 120-180 206.00 Shipped
BT014 120-190 226.00 Shipped
** Pilot Powers ** 120-180 225.00 Shipped
** Pilot Powers ** 120-190 239.00 Shipped

** This is an ongoing sale for all Gixxer.com members, those prices will remain the same as long as I am a part of this site! You can order by calling us at 480-539-8848, or you can simply paypal the total to [email protected], make sure to specify what brand and size of tire that you need. Thanks again to all gixxer.com members!!!

If you want to see the results of the last sale that we did just check it out, it is still listed in this forum!

--------------------
Michael Allen
Heatwave Cycle
480-539-8848

I ordered the pilot powers. this guy rocks and is fast as hell. here is a link to the sale.

http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1283462&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

·
Registered
791 Posts
i read that you SHOULD NOT buy your wheels online. Something about wheels sitting in a warehouse tend to get rock hard and thats why they are being sold cheaply online. Have you checked prices at a bike shop yet? Buying stuff online isnt always good. For a while I stopped window shopping and relied on the net, big mistake.

BTW, i read that on this website http://motorcyclistonline.com/howto/cheaptweaks/

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
I got a set of Pilot Powers for my TLS for $250 shipped from Ron Ayers. Both front and back. Wasn't part of a sale, either. They seem pretty soft to me, though I haven't looked at the manufacture date yet. YMMV.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
i read that you SHOULD NOT buy your wheels online. Something about wheels sitting in a warehouse tend to get rock hard and thats why they are being sold cheaply online. Have you checked prices at a bike shop yet? Buying stuff online isnt always good. For a while I stopped window shopping and relied on the net, big mistake.

BTW, i read that on this website http://motorcyclistonline.com/howto/cheaptweaks/

What

Where do you think the bike shops get thier tires from?They don't do enough volume to get a deal buying from the manufactor,so they do the same thing we do and jack up the price a good $100 or more and tell you some bullsh%^ story.

One more thing,bike tires move way to fast for them to be sitting around for very long.

·
King of Found the Ground
146 Posts
well, i dont know about all that stuff about tires being old but mine were soft and scratched with my finger nail and smelled like new rubber. I ordered them on sunday, and they got to my house on wednesday. thats from a dealer in california.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Check the coding on the tire and it should give you a date of manufacture

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I pulled this from the FZ1 forum. Solo-Moto-Parts runs a web site. www.solomotoparts.com There have been lots of guys buying from him. NO ONE COMPLAINS

These are the updated prices* All prices include shipping in the Continental US only. Taxes extra for CA residents. OEM sizes 120/70 - 180/55 apply.

We price match. See it cheaper, let us know!

Don't know who we are? Check out the feedback:
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/sh...&threadid=30961

Pirelli Diablos- $215 shipped

Metzeler Sportec M1s - $215 shipped

Dunlop 208s - $218 shipped

BT020 - $215 shipped

Pilot Road - $226 shipped

Pilot Powers - $229 shipped

Pirelli Strada EMS - $217 shipped

Metzeler Z6's - $215 shipped

AVON AV45ST/46T - $245 shipped

*Accurate as of 5/18/05

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I am going to call around to some places tommorow to see how much they charge to mount and balance. I am really on a tight budget though, so I probably can't spend much more than $100 on a tire.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just bought a set of Z6's from Ron Ayers. They didn't have the absolute best price on the tires...however they only charge $6 a tire for shipping. I tried a few other places...they had cheaper prices but by the timre you added shipping it ended up being more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts