Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a ride through the Georgia mountains and on through Deal's Gap. Now I need to use my remaining vacation time in the next couple of months, or I'll lose it. My options so far are:

Mexico (Gulf coast, but are the roads good enough for a sportbike, or just dual-sports?)

Rio Grande in TX (but sooo close to Mexico...)

California (this could take too long)

NYC and possibly Canada (snowing in October?)

Any thoughts? Other suggestions? Already been to Texas, but not the Rio Grande. Keep in mind I only have 9 days, 10 at best. I have to start planning for the week off soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
NYC and Canada will be too cold to want to visit past September. California would have to be southern... northern CA is still in the 70s in July!

My vote goes to Texas/Mexico. Of course, Texas is my preferred place of residence anyways, so my vote will ALWAYS go to Texas. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Northern New Mexico & Colorado!
It's always a great way to beat the heat of summer to go where it's scenic, lots of curves & cool nights.

·
Quiet Old Guy
28 Posts
I'd also suggest northern MN and southern CO. For giggles, cut through Nevada on into Idaho. Even better, the CA coastline or the Oregon coast.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the ideas, guys. I'll have to sit down with a US map and see what's most feasible for me. I'm not looking forward to another 10-hour ride out of Florida :rolleyes But what's on the other side will pull me through it, lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's possible to get snow in October in certain areas of Canada, but rare, that you will go that far north. The ride from Sudbury to Sault Ste Marie is awesome, take highway 17, take a little detour at Little Current and cruise "The Island" nice twisties and in October the fall colour will blow you away:)

I've done Mexico, anotheer awesome ride, but I was sicker than a dog for 2 days, and I was super careful about what I ate and drank and it still happened. Copper Cayon was great. I worried alot about my safety, army was always on patrol looking for highway robbers, a real problem, I didn't like having guns stuck in my face, so careful, make sure you have all your documents in order, you'll need to show ownership and have their insurance also.

·
Registered
108 Posts
RickC1957 said:
It's possible to get snow in October in certain areas of Canada, but rare, that you will go that far north. The ride from Sudbury to Sault Ste Marie is awesome, take highway 17, take a little detour at Little Current and cruise "The Island" nice twisties and in October the fall colour will blow you away:)
+1,000,000 Definately worth the trip!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts