Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where a good place is to get things like front straps for drag racing. I guess the only thing I need is front straps. Shifting light would be nice too, but I have an idea of where to get that.

Also, would front straps do anything for a 600? Or is this really for the b***** bikes?

·
Registered
77 Posts
sungwei said:
Just wondering where a good place is to get things like front straps for drag racing. I guess the only thing I need is front straps. Shifting light would be nice too, but I have an idea of where to get that.

Also, would front straps do anything for a 600? Or is this really for the b***** bikes?
schnitz racing . com

they got all kinds of stuff
i got a strap and speedlinks for my 1000 helps dramatically (sp?)
even a 600 could benefit from just a strap imo

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
First accessory I would suggest would be full leathers, jacket, pants and gloves....

But yes strapping the bike down will help your launching. However its pretty much worthless unless you lower the back end of the bike down as well...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
sungwei said:

The others have said it:
PINGELONLINE.COM
SCHNITZRACING.COM
MUZZY.COM

As for the light and strap info. The shift light will help greatly. The light will allow you to focus down-track without having to look or stare at the tach.

Now the strap. YES, the strap will help ANY machine. DO NOT believe this liter, junk-in-the-trunk about it only works on the b***** bikes. FALSE! :rolleyes:

There is a racer in Michigan on a new 636 turning 9.8's. With the proper set-up and skills this is NOT impossible. :D

Good Luck & Good Racing!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. That helps a lot. As for the full leathers I picked that up a little while ago off ebay. A two piece dianese which I haven't had a chance to wear yet. I usually don't need it cause at my track you only need it if you go 120+ and I have only touched 120 once. I'll wear it now though just cause it's safer.

Now as for the straps, I want to do this. Is it hard to do? Do you just take out all the compression? Rebound? And you must lower the rear too? I figure if the front is lower it's going to make the bike resist wheelies regardless. Lowering rear would help, but you're saying it's totally worthless unless it is done?

How do you go about lowering the rear?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think of this?

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1713912&showprevnext=1

Seems pretty cool. It's adjustable so I can have a street set up and when I go to the track I can just lower it. Heck if it's easy enough I could do it at the track! That'd be sweet. I wonder how much lower this can go though.

Is this the only kit available for the CBR600F4? Flatout if you carry anything else let me know. I didn't see any straps or lowering kits in your website so I may have overlooked something.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
INTERESTING!

Am curious as to how well those bones will work...........HMMMMMMMMMMMM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts