Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the blurry picture. Snapped this photo while in Florida under low light conditions. Where can I purchase a license plate bracket like this?

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
that thing would be like so black and gunk shit all over it from chain wax. ..

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I disagree. The laws of physics side with my disagreement. Sure, sure, the back side of it would get gunky but the plate would not. However, if the chain guard was actually on the bike, even the back side of the plate mount would remain (relatively) clean.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looking harder at the picture, it looks like the whole bracket is billet and is connected in some way to the chain tensioner/adjuster.

After getting pulled over last night for not being able to see my plate installed under my tail, I am going to make my own like that for the ZX11.

Basically, I will use flat plate steel to make a "perimeter" that is just a tad smaller than the plate, and drill holes in it to help lighten it. I'll drill holes in it for the plate as well, and somehoe use round stock to attach it to the swingarm. Somehow I will need to attach it to the swingarm, though. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
28 Posts
TheWraith said:
Sorry for the blurry picture. Snapped this photo while in Florida under low light conditions. Where can I purchase a license plate bracket like this?

Check out Ebay Itm number 2484319613 they are available for all makes.

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
For $100? And sold with a screwed up description (CBR bracket for the suzuki bikes..). Nice idea, but NOT worth a hundred bucks.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
thats more worth like 35 bucks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coloradoon22 said:
thats more worth like 35 bucks
I Did some research on the brackets and the black one with the FL tag is 150.00 compare to the price of the one on ebay for 100.00, I am sure they will come down on the price soon so we can all afford one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The shop next door makes them for a local distributor. If you guys are interested I can get a GP started.

They are high quality 2 piece billet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
00600 said:
The shop next door makes them for a local distributor. If you guys are interested I can get a GP started.

They are high quality 2 piece billet.
A guy at work has one like that but all chrome on his 03 GSXR 1000. He order it through a local motorcycle preformance shop.

He is not here today, I'll ask him how much he paid for his when I see him.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just a heads up, I bought one on ebay, not that much I think it was $35, it broke in like a week. When you are on the freeway, the wind bends it in towards the wheel. It won't hit the wheel, but it will move inside the rim. I didn't like it and took it off. Just an FYI in case you are thinking of doing this. Here it is once I first put it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would love to make one like that, but my rear axle doesn't use huge bolts on the end like that. I needed something quick, so I just made the normal one like everyone has, but I'd like something like those for my bike :cry

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have something similiar to PITTS and it was under 30 bucks....it looks sweet. If i can find the name of the company I'll post it later. Pics to come too...

·
Registered
317 Posts
not a fan of that shite...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts