Sport Bikes banner

Where is the horn fuse?

3122 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bobinous7
I inexplicably cannot find my owner's manual, and while trying to connect a better horn I blew the horn fuse.

Can someone tell me where the horn fuse is, and how to get to it?

Many thanks,
Dave
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Its below the right passenger grab rail. If you take off the seat, that bulbous plastic piece on the right of the bike has a single bolt attaching it. It is rubber mounted, so once you get that bolt off just pull it out sideways away from the bike. The fusebox is the small black compartment in the back. Pop off the lid and the lid will have labels for the different fuses on it.
Thanks much! I was able to find and replace it.

I am curious though, as to why the fuse that was blown was labelled "BACK UP". Since there's no reverse, and no backup lights, what the heck is "BACK UP" on a bike?
killernoodle said:
Its below the right passenger grab rail. If you take off the seat, that bulbous plastic piece on the right of the bike has a single bolt attaching it. It is rubber mounted, so once you get that bolt off just pull it out sideways away from the bike. The fusebox is the small black compartment in the back. Pop off the lid and the lid will have labels for the different fuses on it.
This was a great post. Clear, concise, to-the-point. Most importantly, you answered the exact question that was asked. I just wanted to point out that this was a really good reply. :cheers
davepl said:
Thanks much! I was able to find and replace it.
I am curious though, as to why the fuse that was blown was labelled "BACK UP". Since there's no reverse, and no backup lights, what the heck is "BACK UP" on a bike?
Are you refering to the fuse mark red or blue in the pic??? The red ones are just spares .... the blue one is a backup fuse to your clock/odometer. I THINK if your main were to blow out that fuse keeps the clock & odometer readings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Attachments

See less See more
You wrote this comment 5 months after I was born, crazy to think this is useful to me 18 years later hope ur doing well
1 - 6 of 6 Posts