Sport Bikes banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
You're not wrong on your observations, but it's all up to the members to set the tone for a forum. I've been on ones exactly like you describe, but also good ones that don't tolerate trolls and are all about sharing info. Sure, someone will always say do a search, but as you pointed out, that only works if there is relevant and current info to find.

For me, buying an older bike, this is where I found info that actually did apply to my 15 year old FZ6. :D Different metric. I'm not looking for the latest info, but for mods and ideas that were a hot topic 15 years ago.

I'm going to keep posting things as I do them to my FZ6 and starting new threads in the hope to draw some people back in to participate. When you can get out for a ride, consider playing the tag game I started. Last letter is the first of the new tag. Only takes one picture to move it along.

·
Pillion Cam
201 Posts
Totally agree. I never really found a lot of YZF600R specific content around here and thats fine. There were good social threads and regional content.. Good learning threads about gear, tires, riding skills. Even the darker corners of the forums were entertaining times.

I haven't given up just yet. Though this is the most Ive posted here in probably 3 or 4 years.lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Human After All
4,681 Posts
Totally agree. I never really found a lot of YZF600R specific content around here and thats fine. There were good social threads and regional content.. Good learning threads about gear, tires, riding skills. Even the darker corners of the forums were entertaining times.

I haven't given up just yet. Though this is the most Ive posted here in probably 3 or 4 years.lol

To be fair, you only have 198 posts here and a mere 404 at yzf600r.com, you don't seem big on posting in general. :p

·
Pillion Cam
201 Posts
To be fair, you only have 198 posts here and a mere 404 at yzf600r.com, you don't seem big on posting in general. :p
That is a true statement.lol I have always been more of a lurker. I speak when spoken to and contribute here and there when it seems applicable.. I'm guilty otherwise of not being as socially active as i could be. But this is true on all of the forums I belong to. I actually am a member on one forum for over a year now with not a single post yet. And I dont post much on the YZF600R forums because I know alot of the regulars, most of the admins, and the site owner personally. I have not done much lately to my bike to contribute anything to the the group. And I am just as guilty at the FB group and FB messenger group chat as the primary means for discussions.

I suppose I could always contribute more to ride reports and the like. I just never think to take documentary notes to publish such things in a remotely appealing way.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Funny, every few years, I remember this place and log in to see if anyone else is still around. I remember a few names. I still ride, but it's pretty much limited to taking my son to school in the warmer months and an occasional weekend getaway with my wife. Just harder to ride as much between work and family, and the risk/reward equation gets reevaluated with said family in the picture. I still enjoy riding though, just in a different way, more relaxing and less pushing the limits. I took up skydiving last year, which provides all the excitement of spirited riding (and then some!) with way less physical and legal risk.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,893 Posts
I'm still around as well... Highsided at the track on Jan 24, broke one rib, pelvis and had brain hemorrhages. Will be back on the bike when I get the AOK from the Drs, but I'm thinking I should start considering slower bikes.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts