Sport Bikes banner

Where is everyone

7K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  armith 
#1 ·
Is a ghost town in here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
This is a dead forum. Tumble weeds rolling on thru.

Reactions: GSXR750
#20 ·
there's no such thing as a thriving motorcycle forum in 2019. Gaybook has killed them. anyone who uses a site like facebook deserves to have their ID stolen because that's what's happening. wonder why you get 10 telemarketers call you every day and 200 spam emails per day? social media...

#27 ·
The kids love facebook and reddit, which are to them what forums were to us. The sad truth is, with a few outliers, sportbikes are a young man/womans game. I moved on to ADV bikes, as a few permanent injuries and age make sportbike ergos too uncomfortable to enjoy for long. I see plenty of middle age/older folks on advrider, but reddit is full of kids who just picked up their first sportbike and are loving it.

#28 ·
I moved to France, bought an R1 to replace my VFR, the R1 got stolen (wasn't riding it at all) and I never had the chance nor time to buy and ride a new bike. Now, nearly 8 years later, the itch is making a return. I'm hoping to pick up an S1000XR for next season. I'm sick and tired of sitting in traffic or riding my wife's 50cc Vespa around town; one of those days that thing will die under my 230lb ass but it's just so fucking convenient when you live somewhere where your 1.5 mile commute can take anywhere between 6 minutes and 1 hour. I'm also sick and tired of taking the back roads to St. Tropez or Corsica in my fucking car. But yeah, as Jahx said, I'm way too old to pick a sportbike over an adv (sport) bike at this point. Funny how taste changes as the years come and go.

#29 · (Edited)
I still have a sportbike but don't ride it that much anymore; out of a survival instinct more than anything else, I'll ride too fast whenever I'm on it. Still riding daily though, naked & adventure bikes, but I don't want to let go off my sportbike.

Aaanndddd, the reason I ride the sportbike too fast is because it's uncomfortable; time between corners riding a straight line seem longer, so I get on the throttle to make them shorter and I have to keep it "interesting" to keep my mind of thinking how uncomfortalbe / tyring it is. The performance envelope on those things is so high that to keep it interesting you have to go ridiculously fast, lesser bikes are more challenging and keep things interesting at saner speeds.

#30 ·
I finally sold my F4i a year ago an bought an MT09. The Honder had 58k on it, was sorry to see it go. The Yammie is hella fun.

I haven't been on here since mid November, it was really dead I didn't come back. Spend most of my time on the FZ forum, WERA forum and a CCW forum.

Reactions: TwistedGray
#31 ·
Holy Shit....thats all that is here? Damn...only the strong survive.

Welp got older...or tried to...bought me a 2012 Road King...Sucked ass...So I bought a 2008 Nightroad...ughhhh worst investments ever. Lucky I was able to sell them.

Soo....Sporting my 2004 Vmax....old 1996 CBR900RR....2009 ZX14 TURBO...yes u read right. and a nice Ducati Hypermotard 1100s...

Where are all the peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps? Chief Bootyknocker? Accaliste? Ughhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.