Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you peeps are out riding. Post up!!! Y'all must have some adventures.
Anybody crash? Get a ticket?
I'm replacing the steering head bearings, installing a new chain, and putting
on a new shock. I should be back on the road in a week or two.

Later :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got 6000+ miles on this year. I looped it three weeks ago in Lake Crystal, I got some road rash, the bike got more than me. But I'm still ridin'. :urowned

·
Registered
394 Posts
ALRIGHT!! Someone from Minnesota that's alive!

I'm in Brooklyn Park and I'm in the SELL/BUY stage. Just sold my 2001 Yamaha R1, and I'm planning to buy a 2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200R within a week.

Anyone else out there?

·
Registered
87 Posts
got my first ticket yesterday on the way home from st. paul. was speeding slightly and noticed a car coming up faster than we were going in the left then pacing us. ya...was gonna wait for it to pass, didnt happen. turns out my friend touched the white line on the right of him and that was why we got stopped. the troopers first response was thanks for not running (we were doing maybe ten over LOL) then asked if we had been drinking, then just wrote us warnings, mine for speed, his for crossing line or something. never took our helmets off or anything. he was on a hunt for a DWI from how he acted. best state trooper experience i've had.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wintersucks said:
got my first ticket yesterday on the way home from st. paul. was speeding slightly and noticed a car coming up faster than we were going in the left then pacing us. ya...was gonna wait for it to pass, didnt happen. turns out my friend touched the white line on the right of him and that was why we got stopped. the troopers first response was thanks for not running (we were doing maybe ten over LOL) then asked if we had been drinking, then just wrote us warnings, mine for speed, his for crossing line or something. never took our helmets off or anything. he was on a hunt for a DWI from how he acted. best state trooper experience i've had.
Hey, good job avoiding a ticket. I have not been pulled over this season
so far. Which is good cause I'm not any good at talking my way out of
a ticket. :rolleyes

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
dog_breath750 said:
Hope you peeps are out riding. Post up!!! Y'all must have some adventures.
Anybody crash? Get a ticket?
I'm replacing the steering head bearings, installing a new chain, and putting
on a new shock. I should be back on the road in a week or two.

Later :)
got your bike together yet? :fiddy

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got about 4000 miles on the mini-Ninja and about 2000 miles on the Speed Triple so far this year. It's been a decent year for riding... I've been doing it rain and shine, as of late. My car (olds Cutlass) sucks, so riding is my much-preferred mode of moving. However, both of my bikes need maintenance now; the Triumph needs a chain retensioning (waiting on my Pit-Bull to show up) and the Kawasaki is waiting for the valve adjustment tool to show up, so I can ride it without mashing the valves into goo.

So yeah, we're here, but personally, I'm too busy either riding or working to check around for state get-togethers or whatever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's together and running. Got what seems to be a slight misfire in one
cylinder. It is noticeable only at higher revs, around 9k rpm. Bike runs
fine below 9k. I'm going to look into the plug wires first. If they are
good then the plugs. If they are good then I'm clueless. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts