Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My personal prediction is that we wont be hunched over so much over the bike anymore(kinda like we sit IN the bike). We will more of a crusier (upright) position with bikes going even faster and better handling capibilities then we have now.

What your opinion?

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
better stopping power and better color variations to increase visibility. dont know how a sportbike will look at an upright position. maybe HUD stock on bikes as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know what you mean. I think it will have a more upright position but you will be sitting lower to the ground.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ever Played XG3 or XG2?(Extreme Gravity Racining) Check out those bikes :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Projector head beams in all bikes, maybe xenon-gas, different plastic panels, colors. Modest increase in power specs. Virtually the same otherwise. They're very cost effective when it comes in energy, e.g. gasoline.

Don't see reason to change power system or riding position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I have seen that game before. Im also sure they will get way better m/p/g. I deffiently agree with a different shape & panels. The main reason I can see the seating position change would be to make sportbikes of the furture more comfortable to the rider.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
I think they will be lighter, faster, and safety will be a major factor for non-race oriented bikes, like standards, tourers, and dual sports.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hopefully not like most of those concept bikes that ive seen people post on here. :barf

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Under heavy government regulations due to people who speed wrecklessly and wheelie down highways and stunt in traffic. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
68 Posts
In 10+ years from now I think the sportbikes we ride now will be extremely limited for road use or illegal altoghether. Bikes will probably be limited by hp/weight ratio and only things like scooters/cruisers will be allowed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I deffiently think sportbikes will be around in the furture and alot better then what we have now in every category.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
I think the horsepower wars will slow down due to regulations. I think manufacturers will concentrate more on chassis design, brakes and aerodynamics. MSRP's will be close to 15k for 600SS bikes and around 18k for liter SS bikes. I also see naked bikes gaining more popularity and hopefully choppers will be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I will be able to walk into a motorcycle dealership and purchase a 1000cc bike with performance near comparable to today's moto GP bikes.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
Great question - I wish that I knew the answer.
I think the changes will be incrementally smaller than in the past, in the same direction.
Agreed as far as the bikes go..

But I also see that if we don't get lucky or police ourselves, government intervention will play a bug factor, and make it very hard for people to get a bike that performs as well as we'd like.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anti-Hero said:
I think they will be lighter, faster, and safety will be a major factor for non-race oriented bikes, like standards, tourers, and dual sports.
That's a scary thought. Lighter and faster. I sat on a friends 600rr the other day. It felt like my f4i without a motor. The 1000rr I rode wasnt much heavier, and it's a frickin liter bike. Bikes today are way too light and way too pawerful. I dont wanna think about more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts