Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Edison so it takes me a bit of time to get to the nice twisty roads in Jersey. My usual route takes me through Hunterdon county but I sometimes head up to the Delaware Water Gap area. Until I bought my first bike several years ago, I would never have believed how pretty some parts of NJ are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in Somerville so I can relate. If I feel like staying local, I usually head over to the Hillsborough area. There are a couple of twisties here and there but like you I like going out to Hunterdon cnty. There's also a couple of good roads behind Duke Island Park that go into the Flemington area.

When I'm desparate I meet up with my cousin and we cruise around Hunterdon, Warren and then into PA around the Bethlehem area. If you ride to Hunterdon cnty, you might as well cross the river around Frenchtown and hit some twisties in Bucks cnty. It's worth it.

I'm not a very aggressive rider so I don't know if you'd enjoy a tour of some of my favorites. If you're up for it send me a PM and we'll give it a shot.

Corky

·
Registered
106 Posts
i live in south jersey plenty of state park roads.atlantic highlands is nice also in monmouth county.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with TRIX. Senic Overlook in Red Bank is a great road. Short but nothing but s curves. 520 to River Rd is a nice run in the same area.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i'm with you guys..I live in piscatway near New Brunswick. I either go to Jackson, up into the watchung mountains, or to hunterdon county and frenchtown.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just tend to head west. I'll take 22 and choose any random exit once I'm far enough west and just go w/ it. I usually find some great roads, some I may not find again, but still fun

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Cranford as well. I usually take the ride through watchung reservation and up and out that way. I always start that way and just keep going. I try to get lost, LOL.

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Im located up in Warren. Ton's of sweet roads up here. I go up the driveway and turn right, and the good roads start from there. High Point is also a nice place to ride. 520 and Old Mine Rd. are nice. Great Meadows area has some nice long sweepers. Right across the Portland Bridge in PA. is nice too. We should get a ride together sometime next summer, when i'm out of school.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the southern end of 527 (just south of the rt33 intersection) is very good. tons of s - turns

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ride up in Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon, and points west in Pa and south NYS such as Hawks Nest and Harriman State Park/Bear Mtn. With the winter upon us such riding will have to wait for warmer weather. I've learned my lesson about riding during winter months, trust me all that salt on the ground does not do good things to your bike.

fireblaz said:
i go to bear mtn besides the hawks nest also do alot of new york state riding

·
Registered
144 Posts
Im not far from new gretna-little egg harbor, I live about 20min from there or less, right down in egg harbor city. Thats where I lost my license, at Bass River Court lol.

·
Registered
238 Posts
SouthJersey636 said:
Im not far from new gretna-little egg harbor, I live about 20min from there or less, right down in egg harbor city. Thats where I lost my license, at Bass River Court lol.
Got to watch those Staties in New Gretna. They love to hang out by the bridge on rt. 9. Its only 35mph through there. But west of the parkways, out toward chatsworth is great

1 - 20 of 27 Posts