Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first digital camera. Don't know why it took me so long. I usually just get one of those disposable ones but now I have like 10 of them I haven't taken in yet to get developed. Anyway I just ordered the Canon A520 :banana and want to know where you guys/gals get the pictures printed at. I wouldn't mind just sending them over the net somewhere and have them mail them to me or something. Have no idea right now.

Thanks

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
I have uses WalMart but Imagestation is better I think.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Walmart.com is cool because you can upload the pictures, tell them which store you want to pick them up and go get them in an hour..

Ofoto.com and shutterfly.com are both pretty good.. and have a nice setup for making Christmas cards and such at a good price.

Sam's has the cheapest prices but I haven't used them yet

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Get a good printer from Ebay and DIY. Thats what I did, much easier that way ;)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Reckless01 said:
Get a good printer from Ebay and DIY. Thats what I did, much easier that way ;)

the problem w/ those is, are they gonna be good in 5-10-15yrs.........they're fine for quick pics, but if you want pics for generations, you should really send it to a prof. processor.

we recently sent some to wal-mart, was not real impressed w/ pic quality. i think she sent them somewhere else that uses KODAK processing.

FYI: my parents used to own a 1 hr photo shop a loooong time ago. and i was slave labor......so we know pic qaulity and what can be done to make them right,

when i asked the wal mart person to redo some of them, he said they had already deleted the e-mail (that we sent earlier that day) and i didn;t feel like resending them.......

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
RACER X said:
the problem w/ those is, are they gonna be good in 5-10-15yrs.........they're fine for quick pics, but if you want pics for generations, you should really send it to a prof. processor.

we recently sent some to wal-mart, was not real impressed w/ pic quality. i think she sent them somewhere else that uses KODAK processing.

FYI: my parents used to own a 1 hr photo shop a loooong time ago. and i was slave labor......so we know pic qaulity and what can be done to make them right,

when i asked the wal mart person to redo some of them, he said they had already deleted the e-mail (that we sent earlier that day) and i didn;t feel like resending them.......
Oh i can agree with you on that. The quality is good but they are not as durable. I just use them for my photo albums of my stunt pix and stuff. I also keep the CD in there with all the pix on it. That way if they do fade i can take them a place to have them done right :)

(off topic) Racer hows the baby doing bro?

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll try a few I guess. That imagestation.com place looks like it is owned by Sony. Just seeing if anyone has tried any of the places and how they turned out. Man I can't wait to get this thing.

They don't tell you all the shit you need for it. The card it comes with only holds like 13 pictures so I had to buy a 512MB card for like $30, then the case for $15, and now I need to get rechargeable batteries. Oh well it's worth it. I heard the camera I got is really nice. Every time someone posts quality pics on here or other boards it seems like it is always with a Canon.

It's the A510 not the A520 by the way.

Attachments

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
We just print them out on our printer. The wife is a graphic designer and is constantly upgrading printers and always has top quality photo paper on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I am not printing pictures at home, I use kodakgallery.com. Just upload the pictures, they give you unlimited space to share pictures with friends if you choose to and as long as you buy one print out a year. Only $0.25(plus shipping though) for a 4x6 and the quality has been great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts