Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question to the stunters out there:

Where do you guys get your bikes from? Did you buy them new, used off someone or salvage them?

I'm wanting to get into stunting but I have an 03 Yamaha R6 that I'll be paying for, for the next 4 years. Being that it's technically the banks bike, I don't want to smash it up. I'd like a second bike to learn to stunt on but I don't know what route to take on getting a bike. Curious to see how you've all aquired your bikes. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know where people get them but when a insurance co. gets a bike they sell it for ten % of the amount paid to the owner when totaled

·
Registered
496 Posts
Depends on how much talent, how much money, and spare time you have. I got my bike out of the bargain news. It had a salvage title so it was cheap but it looks like new, well it used to. N-ish is right to theres a lot of bikes for sale on stunt life. If you don't think you'll be try'n' burly stunts, don't worry about getting a " trashed " bike. If your just starting out stunt'n' gett something light with a low center of gravity and a good amount of power, I:E CBR900RR would be my bike of choice, there not to expensive either. But what do I know to each his own!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not to contridict myself I feel I should note that when I said "light with a low center of gravity" I should have been more clear because I wouldn't exactly call a 900RR " light" But the low center of gravity makes it feel that way. At least compared to most other bikes anyway.

·
Registered
279 Posts
just find something that is alittle rashed up or at the salvage yard....that is what i did....i have an 01 gsxr 600 i keep for riding twisties and i just got a 96 900rr to stunt on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts