Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 600f4 guy, where did you go?We waited at the turn on the prison road until we could see you so we thought that you would see us.Then we waited again at the end of that road but you never showed up.You do know that the speedos are off on all bikes dont you.I think that an indicated 90mph is actually something like 55mph.But you know I might be one or two mph off on that figure but I think most of you guys would agree with me on this wouldnt you.So in reality we all enjoyed a nice ride at legal speeds.So next time we all meet up just remember one thing 600f4 guy 90 is really 55.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I Lost you guys right after we got on hwy 14. I know my speedo is about 6-8 MPH off that is it and once i was riding at a 90 indicated which was most likley 72-74 or so I backed off when we were in the 55 MPH section.

I cant risk any tickets, I get one and me riding bikes is over because I wouldn't even be able to think of paying for insurance....

Sorry to keep you guys waiting...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike is around five to seven mph off at seventy mph with the sprocket change and factory error combined.I just like to believe ninety is fifty five.You know,for my own peace of mind.Ninety is fifty five so that makes it alll legal to me.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
So RSX-sounds like the speeds were a little lower than when you and I went to Pella?

·
Registered
143 Posts
scotty said:
So RSX-sounds like the speeds were a little lower than when you and I went to Pella?
Oh no that was just on the way to pella. I toped my bike out on that on long stretch of road that you told me about last time that they were working on. It’s very nicely paved now. I am not sure if it was toped out or not but I was right at redline in 5th or 6th. I was not sure if it was 6th but if it was then it was toped out. But anyways I hit 159-160 for a sec or two and that is what the mags say it tops out at so whatever it was fun. But everyone rode with in their limits which is good we don’t want any accidents. But I would say I was hitting 120 maybe little more through some of the turns. There were a lot of cars so it kind of sucked.

But you need to come and ride with us next time!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sounds like fun. I like that run b/c of the visibility of the roas on the long straights and those corners you can see through.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
With SpeedoHealer installed... (and, thanks to the top-speed recall feature)

The fastest I reached was 143mph. Don't recall what stretch of road it was, not that I knew where we were, anyway! ;) I was taking turns at about 95-105 but was having some suspension issues that kept me from going faster. As rusaccord noticed since he was behind me, I scared the shit out of an oncoming car when I came around a bend and was in his lane. I had plenty of time to manuver back into my lane, but I think the guy was watching all the pretty motorcycles ride by...looked up, saw one in HIS lane, and paniced...he dove towards the shoulder.

I did some research and found my rebound damping was way too soft for the style of riding we were doing. I obviously had it dialed in for commuting.

REBOUND
---------
Rear:
Factory default: 1.75 out
My setting: .75 out

Front:
Factory default: 1.50 out
My setting: .74 out

My lack of rebound made my suspension unable to absorb the energy from the bumps in the road, giving me a very wobbly/hinged ride around aggressive turns. Felt like the bike had loose wheels, actually. The turn where I flung into the other lane was one that had a few road ripples which caused my suspension to stand me up from the bouncing. I made a 1/4 turn adjustment on both front and rear and will see how that fairs next time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
90 = 55

So 90 mph equals 50? that is some serious misrepresentation by the manufacturer. I like the ignorence is bliss rule too; however, I really don't think the local copper will buy that excuse. So i use " The wife sent me for tampons becouse she is all out and she needed them NOW!" When he stops laughing at you the pity sets in ( make sure you keep a depressed and straight face)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The wife sent me for tampons becouse she is all out and she needed them NOW!"
Get the K&N rewashable ones. :lol

Wraith: that sounds scary man. Sheesh. From the pics looks like you guys made it to the Pella Casey's. Wish I could have gone. Glad you guys found the way and had a safe ride! :twofinger

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
scotty said:
Wraith: that sounds scary man. Sheesh.
The wobbling and unstable ride was a bit unnerving. It was a constant fight from keeping the bike from wanting to stand up to it wanting to dive into the corner. I was hoping there wasn't any loose ground because I couldn't have kept a straight line. I just slowed down a bit and everything was controllable. Just couldn't do the 100++ corners like rsxtc could. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts