Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people.
I happen to have a really great pair of boots that my girl bought for me for work since I was bitching about old work boots. The boots are fairly simple like any other work boots. They are made of good leather, but the best part is that they are Steel toed. I figured instead of using them for work, i could use them for riding since I need something to finish out the season with.
So lets see...
Leather Boot.....CHECK
Toe Protection...CHECK
No ankle support....NOT GOOD

I wont wear them without solid ankle support. So where can I get simple inserts from? Anybody ever heard of them? Thanks.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Actually we had this discussion before, steel toe = bad for motorcycles. If you wreck and land right that steel toe is going to sever your toes, do a search for the last thread about steel toes and you'll get a more complete explanation.

I've never seen inserts for boots like you are talking about. Work boots are for working, get some motorcycle specific boots for riding.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, didnt know about the steel toes...I will go search about that now. Thanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Actually we had this discussion before, steel toe = bad for motorcycles. If you wreck and land right that steel toe is going to sever your toes,
looks like ill be looking for new boots in the near future :eek:

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
there really is not HARD evidence saying steel toes are bad........BUT if they were safe wouldn't boot makers like sidi or A* make boots w/ steel toes........they don't

1 - 5 of 5 Posts