Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Z Riders!!!!

Since this was the first motorcycle website i found, I am kinda partial to it. I have joined kawiforums and riderforums, which both have alot of info, but I always get the fastest answers here. I was kinda surprised to see nobody posting in here, but I guess us Z1000 riders are few and far between. I never saw a Z on the road until I bought one. I saw two in the first 5days after getting mine.

So far I think I am over paranoid. There is a "whirring" sound, similar to the sound a supercharger makes coming from the tranny, while moving in gear, with the clutch out. when i pull the clutch in, the noise stops. i dont mind the noise, as long as it isn't a problem.

The clutch basket is also very noisy when i am in neutral, and release the clutch lever. I heard this is common on some of the new kawis, but now sure. Either way, its going into the dealership to get checked out.

So here it is! My 2004 Z1000. currently 750 miles on her:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
looks like a great bike thinking of getting 1 next tax time. maybe your problem might be your clutch disks and springs, maybe a recall item, hope for the best. god bless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is the chain to tight? my zx9 made that noise if the cahin was too tight. i bought the z1000 and it made 'that' noise too. i remebered the chain and checked it. NO SLACK AT ALL! losened it up and the noie disappeared.

·
Registered
114 Posts
climb 21 - thats a sick bike! I also wish there were more Z riders around - for me its going to be my next bike - hopefully sometime between now and next season.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. the sound hasn't changed, and seems okay, never made it to the dealership. some friends call the clunking "kawasaki clunk"

i love this bike. it is great for city riding, and performs well over my level of riding. got my first 2nd gear power wheelie today!

here is a picture with the mirrors/blinkers/fender done up. got the scorpio alarm installed, so now i can sleep. saving up for frame/crash sliders, possibly bar ends.

:cheers

Attachments

·
learner
354 Posts
+1 on chain tightness being a cause...

also is that your STi? :D fellow kawi / STi owner here....

·
Balls Out Naked
64 Posts
Z Owner Checking In!

Hey! Just picked up a Z1000 in the Candy Flat Plasma Blue a week or so ago... I agree, not enough of us out there. But that's ok. I get so many more looks on this bike than I did on my GSXR. I just need to get me a Corbin saddle to save my arse. The Kawi seats suck!

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
The sound is the clutch basket. I asked my dealer about it and they said it is totally normal. I also own a plasma blue (it is the fastest color you know, despite what every one else says).

Ron

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ingrahamm said:
+1 on chain tightness being a cause...

also is that your STi? :D fellow kawi / STi owner here....

the STI is my buddies, and another coworkr of mine picked up an 06, that thing is alot nicer styling wise.

Ron that blue Z looks good. The stock seat is starting to soften up a bit, after 3300 miles already, since june 30th! i do like the fact its rare, cuz everyone ask what kind of bike it is

Attachments

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
I got rid of the stock seat within 500 miles and put the Corbin on. It took so long because I was waiting for it to come in. I ordered it the day I bought the bike.

Ron

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ronrdrcr said:
I got rid of the stock seat within 500 miles and put the Corbin on. It took so long because I was waiting for it to come in. I ordered it the day I bought the bike.

Ron

yeah i wanted the corbin, or something similar, but i figured i could use the money to buy my PC3. Turns out im gonna buy a new jacket, since winter is not too far away.

i went on a ride the other day, was hitting twisties for a couple hours, i didn't even notice my ass had fallen asleep until we stopped to refuel, reminded me of "Nothing to Lose"

so i just hit the 4200 mile mark today, took me 72 days. not sure how i am going to afford buying 4 rear tires every year though, and the stocker is almost done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went on the first long ride on my z the other day 360 miles later my ass felt like it was on fire. Kinda sucked, looks like my exhaust money is going to the corbin.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speedracer7c said:
I went on the first long ride on my z the other day 360 miles later my ass felt like it was on fire. Kinda sucked, looks like my exhaust money is going to the corbin.

yeah 360 miles is a good bit. the day i bought my bike, i had to ride it 270 miles to get home, and obeying the breakin rules, that took me 7 hours! The first 3 hours were a breeze, but after that, everytime i stopped i really didn't want to get back on.

how many miles you got now? my seat is much better now(hit 4300 miles today), but still harder than AM

·
Registered
12 Posts
climb21cj said:
yeah 360 miles is a good bit. the day i bought my bike, i had to ride it 270 miles to get home, and obeying the breakin rules, that took me 7 hours! The first 3 hours were a breeze, but after that, everytime i stopped i really didn't want to get back on.

how many miles you got now? my seat is much better now(hit 4300 miles today), but still harder than AM

only 500 miles on it now. I dont ride to work or anything cause its only about a mile down the road and is way too much work to get out for that short of a time. Plus I dont like the fact that it doesnt warm up by the time i get there.

·
Former Lurker
58 Posts
climb21cj said:
the stocker is almost done!
Hah time to upgrade those bridgestones man HELL YEA then lets got to red top :D . I'm puttin the cam on the back next time then I'm gonna pass you sucka so you'll need new tires :eek:nfloor heh no really though this monday man let's do it. We should strap it to your gas tank this time. :)

Anyways from the sound of it though you guys' exhaust weighs alot (what was it again?) so that would def be on my list, even though that quad looks mean as hell.

Also to any Z owners... man it has the only front assembly that I think thinks looks good (Hell I would buy that shit as an aftermarket piece if I had a streetfighter), and it's an honor to follow one through the canyons watchin the badass lookin rear section... so sharp.... anyways you guys got some badass rides.

I attached some pics of our first ride if you don't mind (I know you don't and if you did you know I wouldn't care so :twofinger heheeh)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no doubt, monday. two weeks before i get new tires, as long as i keep turning, i will be okay.

exhaust... i cant wait, still keeping the quad-look, but not those pipes. in the meantime i am going to shorten them, and maybe polish them out. ive got a bunch of little things i want to do, like blacking stuff out.

man those are some old pics, i still got my temp tag on it,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts