Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Been 7ish years without a bike, finally back in the saddle! So where are all the Indiana folks? They're saying rain mid week and then warmish weather next weekend, so cleared roads and warmish weather, time to put the rubber down!

I'm about an hour SE of Indy, who's in my neck of the woods?

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
There's a couple guys on here from that area. Have not seen them on in a while, though.

I moved out of Indiana about 4 years ago.... sorry!

·
5,547 Posts
I'm located in south eastern Indiana about 1/2 hour from Cincinnati Ohio.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Terre Haute... my sister's family came to visit this week... brought a bunch of dirtbikes. Having a blast riding (make that putting) around trails and fields! Riding dirt is some serious work! My 17-year-old nephew is putting a serious hurt on my old ass!

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I'm near Bloomington. There are about 6 guys that ride together down here. We normally use the FZ1 message board to plan rides.
FZ1OA Message Board

·
Registered
11 Posts
Super old thread, I know :p Newbie southern Indiana rider here, about an hour from Indy, an hour from Cincy, and an hour from Louisville. pretty convenient all around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are you from? Im from Seymour.
I thought i already had an account here but i forgot my login. So hey guys, Im from Fort Wayne but just moved down outside of Indianapolis (shelbyville). I'm looking for some people to ride with and show me some roads down here. Its indiana, but there has to be some close by haha. I ride a 00 sv650.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
I thought i already had an account here but i forgot my login. So hey guys, Im from Fort Wayne but just moved down outside of Indianapolis (shelbyville). I'm looking for some people to ride with and show me some roads down here. Its indiana, but there has to be some close by haha. I ride a 00 sv650.
We normally use the FZ1 message board to plan rides. Sportbikes.net doesn't seem much action. Several guys from Indy come down south to ride, most don't have FZ1s...
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26901&page=191[/url

·
5,547 Posts
Wondering if anyone from Indiana might be interested in a short weekend trip to Deals Gap on October 14-17. Ride down on a Friday and ride back on a Monday. We stay at the Kickstand Lodge motorcycle campground located on RT28 in Stecoah, NC which is located about 23 miles away from where 129 and 28 intersect at the crossroads of time. If you think you might be interested in riding down with me on the October 14th we could meet up and ride the rest of the way together. We are sleeping in the bunk house at the KSL and it's $22 per night. Sleeping in a tent in the Smokey's in mid October can be quite chilly so we move it indoors, that way we don't have to haul a tent and sleeping bag on the bike. All you really need is clothes other than your gear and your shower stuff. "Mo" the owner of the KSL provides towels in the bath house, so with that said if you don't have any luggage for the bike you could really use a small backpack for a short weekend trip. If you think that this is something that might interest you please let me know. Just wanted to share the adventure with you. Jay

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wondering if anyone from Indiana might be interested in a short weekend trip to Deals Gap on October 14-17. Ride down on a Friday and ride back on a Monday. We stay at the Kickstand Lodge motorcycle campground located on RT28 in Stecoah, NC which is located about 23 miles away from where 129 and 28 intersect at the crossroads of time. If you think you might be interested in riding down with me on the October 14th we could meet up and ride the rest of the way together. We are sleeping in the bunk house at the KSL and it's $22 per night. Sleeping in a tent in the Smokey's in mid October can be quite chilly so we move it indoors, that way we don't have to haul a tent and sleeping bag on the bike. All you really need is clothes other than your gear and your shower stuff. "Mo" the owner of the KSL provides towels in the bath house, so with that said if you don't have any luggage for the bike you could really use a small backpack for a short weekend trip. If you think that this is something that might interest you please let me know. Just wanted to share the adventure with you. Jay
Id love to go but Id be unable to stay past Sun. I dont really have the vacation time to take off that Mon.

·
5,547 Posts
So are you saying that you want to go? If so are you free to ride down on Friday morning with me? Are you good with riding home on Sunday by yourself?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts