Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been riding for roughly 9 years. and whether its for bike not being warmed up, lack of concentration, or just wanting to be way to perfectly smooth on take off, when was the last time you stalled your bike? and were you suprised/ashamed of yourself?

btw, mine was yesterday. :upyours :beer

·
Registered
163 Posts
Last time was making a sweeping merge onto a local low traffic road. I wasn't paying attention and didn't down shift lol. Other than that I can't remember the last time I stalled. It is pretty hard to stall my bike out though.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
When i had the Suzuki. Trying to pull away from the fuel bowser.

Stalled 4 times and then went "oh yeah, the stand is down"

:bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap self.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
On the grid at a track day. And before that, on my buddy's bike that he neglected to remind me had an upside-down shift pattern.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
a couple of months ago, didn't think too much about it though.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A couple weeks ago. First time in 2 years. I was thoroughly embarrassed 'cuz I was riding with some little hottie on a Harley.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yesterday on a ride with a bunch of riders thought that I was in Nuetral and let the clutch and I was actually still in first and POW! and a stall is what I got!!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
A few weeks ago when I took MTWallets bike for a spin :D

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Hmmmmm I know it hasn't been too long, maybe a couple weeks, but I know it's recently. I think it's mainly just lack of concentration when it happens. It probably happens to me once every couple weeks I would say.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Couple days ago while out at night. Rolled on too gently and am trying to get used to my readjusted clutch.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
A few week's back in the parking lot of a bank with this hot chick watching me.

I thought it was in 1st...........it was in 4th.Then I had to try and get it back in 1st with it sitting still.

·
Registered
426 Posts
never. Only in my car have I ever stalled out, and that was all in the first few months of learning how to drive it. :)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I hate it when you forget to downshift before you stop so when you go to start again it just stalls haha. That happened to me a little bit ago... but before that it haden't happened in a long time now that I think about it.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
the first time I went to drive away on m ynew zx-10r. I was totaly used to the clutch on the gsxr and the zx is waaaaaay more sensitive and shorter throw.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Couldn't tell you when was the last time I stalled it, but I've done the old "stand down" trick a few times lately ... DO'H!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Whenever I ride with my Harley friends, because I can't hear my engine above their god damn pipes :)

I'll stall every once in a while, but I usually just keep rolling, pull in the clutch and fire it back up. Embarrassed? Na, I just laugh it off and be on my way. I will feel a bit of embarrassment, though, when I start off in 2nd or 3rd and have to slip the clutch like hell to keep from stalling.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts