Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im currently saving up for my first bike. Just wondering what is the best month to buy one?

Thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
Usually when there is snow on the ground :) There will be a high demand for bikes in the spring time. During the fall people tend to start selling and in winter you can find some good deals. I got mine in November of last year for a pretty good price. Yeah it sucks waiting all winter to ride, but the money saved was worth it to me.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I actually think the best time is the fall. That's when people start to worry about how they are going to winterize the thing. Also, like Joberly said, the winter is good because people start wondering why they are making big payments on a toy they can't use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, do prices go down quite a bit, like a grand or two. Im sure it depends on the bike, but in general? Id hate to miss this riding season, but it will be worth it if I can save a few $$$.

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
No, I don't think the difference will be in the thousands of dollars, but perhaps in the few hundreds. I think if a guy was going to have to take it in the shorts to the tune of a thousand dollars, he'd keep it under the eaves of the house.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
you can find some damn good deals around January.. Guys start getting antsy to sell their old stuff and buy the new hotness... I've bought two bikes in January in past years, and paid $1500 - $2500 below value for them..
But dont look just in the city papers, go to some of the more rural suburbs and check their papers, better deals than in the cities.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The best time is right after you finish your MSF so you can continue to practice your newfound skills.

Be safe, have fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts