Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work today when I had another
"first" experiance. I got off the GSP at exit 159 which leads to rt80. There's a really nice turn after that exit that I usually enter around 40mph and exit up near 60mph.
Well, I was lookin thru the turn to make sure it was clear. Everything looked fine so I started to speed up when out of the corner of my eye I see this black bird comin right at me. Now either this bird thought he could take me or he wanted to commit suicide cause he stayed low. I tried to duck and tipped my head to the right ..... all's that action really did was manage me to bank that bird off the side of my helmet sending him up and over me. I took a quick look in the rear view and am pretty sure I saw him go down. At a good 45 mph (at least) I doubt he survived .... and if he did was probably really screwed up.
Just thought I'd share my little "adventure of the day" with you all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
taurus574 said:
Now Fabio wasn't so lucky tho.
Ha ha, I just quoted myself. Ok for all of those who don't know Fabio, he is that big white dude with the long hair that is on the cover of all those romance novels women read. Well he was on some promotional gig and he was riding a rollercoaster somewhere, when all of a sudden a bird flew right into his face (Fabio was riding shotgun on the coaster) and screwed up his nose and face.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too have had a "birdstrike". It was on my last bike, a Suzuki GS700. Thankfully I was just starting to stop at a stop sign. Bird came out of nowhere and slammed into my chest. I almost flipped over backwards off my bike. Scared the crap out of me. Even with my leather jacket it left a big bruise. This morning on the way to work a buzzard was zooming down the highway to land by a dead deer an decided to change course right into me. I missed him by about a foot. Stupid birds.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
second story bout a bird attack this month.. hummmmm there up to something

·
Registered
419 Posts
Oh no, it's BIRDS all over again! Run for your lives!!!! :lol

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Hmmmm, I've heard several similar stories. Whenever somebody talks about birds hitting helmets I remember that Randy Johnson/Pigeon incident. Nevermind.

I almost had a dog come at me today. Crusing at 15-25 city traffic and a woman is struggling to hold her huge dog on the leash. I come to a stop 20 feet away from them, and the dog gets loose! Light turned green, traffic started in front of me, and the dog ended up chickening out and returned to its owner after darting out 5 or 6 feet. Scared the shit out of me though.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The day I took delivery of my new FZ6, about an hour on the road, I got a hornet stuck in my helmet (while the visor was closed). Now that could have been tragic, but I managed to open the visor up and blow him out before he stung the bejeezus out of my face causing me to probably drop the bike in agony. :)

·
Street Warrior
143 Posts
Funny thing happened last week... My wife and I were driving on a back country road when I entered a 45 MPH zone. We slowed down and all of a sudden a blue type bird flew in front of my bike. WHAMMM it struck my front windshield and then flew over the top of us. I thought for a second the bird was in my lap and I kept checking for the next few miles for it to start flapping again. My first time hitting a bird, but probably not my last. Here in Oregon they seem to be suicidal.
Ride safe :cheers:

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Sounds like an Alfred Hithcock movie--"Birds".

I got attacked by a plastic bag yesterday..... Darn thing covered my face shield and I actually panicked doing 65. It must've been just a split second but it seemed like an eternity. I saw the car in front of me hit the bag and I think it stuck to his grill for a bit, then suddenly it came out from underneath the car, and for a moment I thought--- "Please don't fly into my headers"!!! It's gonna be a pain to clean out--- Then, lo and behold it floated up straight to my helmet... WHEW!!! I survived to ride another day. I wonder how I looked like trying to keep the bike upright to the cagers around me-- :pisson

At the grocery, the cashier asks... Paper or plastic? I answered -- Definitely PAPER!! And you shouldn't use plastic bags EVER!! Poor girl must've thought I was nuts. :bitchslap

·
Registered
227 Posts
any body ever watch the movie " The Ghost and the Darkness!" about two lions that were possed man eates at the turn of the century when they were building railroads in Africa.. (scarry as hell, demonised lions on a human spree) well to cut a long story short, was driving home from the cinema at about 1.30 the morning after the late show and was going round a bend in a residential area..still majorly phsyc'ed out from the film and basically nervous as hell and what would happen. Bloody big brown dog, jumps a fence and comes straight at me from a dark shadow! Never been so close to crapping in my pants as that moment. honestly thought i was lion food! managed to flight the throttle and get past it before it took a chunk out of my left leg..but still fresh in my mind..and that was about 6yrs ago..

Great Movie btw! watch it if u can!(oh..and from South Africa, so lived in the bush, used to spend all my vacs in the game parks with Lions/Leopards and Cheaters..so was very close to home! these two were taken on my last vac about 2 months ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
While rounding a nice tight bend at a decent clip I spotted a large brown snake (v-poisonous) sunning itself. I picked the bike up a little to miss it but in doing so I hit the sh*t strip in the middle of the road (rainforrest). Before I knew it I was on me arse, sparks a flying and that dreaded sound of scrapping plastic and steel. Busted my knee pretty bad and couldn't get up and all I could think of was where the hell is that [email protected]#king snake. Just caught a glimpse of its tail dissapearing into the scrub 10m away - bet he had a good chuckle about that one to his mates, taking down 270kg of bike and rider.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
silverbullet said:
While rounding a nice tight bend at a decent clip I spotted a large brown snake (v-poisonous) sunning itself. I picked the bike up a little to miss it but in doing so I hit the sh*t strip in the middle of the road (rainforrest). Before I knew it I was on me arse, sparks a flying and that dreaded sound of scrapping plastic and steel. Busted my knee pretty bad and couldn't get up and all I could think of was where the hell is that [email protected]#king snake. Just caught a glimpse of its tail dissapearing into the scrub 10m away - bet he had a good chuckle about that one to his mates, taking down 270kg of bike and rider.
Stop riding in the OUTBACK!!! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
greatzippy said:
turn to make sure it was clear. Everything looked fine so I started to speed up when out of the corner of my eye I see this black bird comin right at me. .
Ah.. The Bergen County ChickenHawk...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts