Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my wife's office yesterday. While I sat in her office, chatting with her, a client of hers walked in. She was a woman, quite short and somewhat "sturdy-built" I will say, to keep it civil. I would guess 5'3" and 160.

She gave my wife some papers and whatever was requiring discussion was done, and then my wife left to make copies. The customer looked at me, and referenced the photos on my wife's small table, and asked, "is that you?"

I answered, "Yep, I'm her husband and introduced myself.". She pointed to a nice 8x10 track day photo of me on my Speed Triple at Fontana that was prominently displayed and then exclaimed: "I'm going to get a new bike this month, I can't decide between an R6 and an R1."

Me: "oh really! What kind of riding experience do you have?"
Her: "Well, I just took the MSF, and I'm sure not starting on any 250!"

I tried, for al of about 30 seconds to continue the discussion and focus on the merits of starting smaller. I could tell her passion was not going to yield to reason, and I quit in a short amount of time. One often realizes when they are pushing a rope. I did end it with that between her two choices she would probably find the R6 a better choice.

As I rode home, on my CB250 "grocery-getter" I was having fun images of this woman on an R6 go through my head. None of them ended well for either her or the R6 but such is life.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
At 5'3", she's probably never tried to even sit on an R6. Not sure you could lower it far enough.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Was that 5'3" standing up or laying down?

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
gotta get over the issue that people are going to buy what they want not what you tell them they need. how often do you listen to the guy telling you if you want to be the coolest guy around you need a harley? that's pretty much what it sounds like to a new rider when you tell them they need the little girl 250 bike. (they hear little girl 250)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotta get over the issue that people are going to buy what they want not what you tell them they need. how often do you listen to the guy telling you if you want to be the coolest guy around you need a harley? that's pretty much what it sounds like to a new rider when you tell them they need the little girl 250 bike. (they hear little girl 250)
Yep. I get that. That's why I tried for only about 30 seconds, figured I was hitting a brick wall and quit.

I also don't need to hear from my wife that I pissed off a client of hers.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
get a life insurance policy on her.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Keep track of her, whatever bike she chooses, there will be parts coming on Ebay soon

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
For fuck sake you people give the term anal a whole new meaning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts