Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i am out today doing some pretty decent standups in my eyes. I had one going for about 3/4 mi. then i set it down (limitered her down haha) and went to grab for 3rd and it wouldnt shift. then i tryed downshifting...nothing so i coasted to side of road meanwhile tranny/motor (somthing) even clutch? was making noise like a whining noise. after i let it run about 30 seconds on side of raod tranny worked just not smoothly..after about 10miles home evertthing seems basically back to normal no noises really pretyy smooth shifting. the whole time the clutch seemed ok but i dont fully understand how these things work. im into cars more then bikes when it comes to technical stuff. My question is did i starve the tranny/wet clutch or somthing there of oil when standing it up that far? did i hurt anything? and shuold i stop doing wheelies? i mean i was so impressed with it as it came down finally then my bike seemed not to like it..what should i do guys?oh yea its an 01 ninja zx6r

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
This guy was impressed with his standups to. Do yourself a favor and leave the stunts to closed stunting events, not public streets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey fireflamer..go fight some fires with your other firefags-if i f*** up in a wheelie the only person getting hurt is me so mind your business if i wanted to hear an a-hole i would of farted. thanks for your info ESKIMO!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Honestly, that's the exact response I expected to see from you, the reason I don't associate with stuntaz! I just tried to offer some simple guidance, saying to keep stunts at stunting specific events so you don't endanger others, and you come back by calling me a "firefag"? Grow up junior.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4 words firefag... mind your own business-if you dont like stuntaz then why you in here?ha damn moron

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
saw your post under "New Posts" figured I might be able to lead you in the right direction, that's all, if you don't want my advice ignore it, but name calling is a little juvenile don't you think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look man im just tryiong to get some honest advice here from the stunterz not a lecture.now i got 6 posts and no adivice just crap thanks fireman

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
firefighter, please dont come into the stunter section and bash, thats lame man. seriously your preaching is getting real annoying. go drag a knee on your 250. as for the question at hand...i never had a problem with oil starvation on my honda. i usually ride my wheelies about 1/2 mile or so and everything seems fine. add a little extra oil and see if it happens again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Never had a problem either but I'm only doing the 1/2mile stuff. I have heard of these things happening before though. About the adding oil thing though. I would just keep it topped off to the top of the full mark. You don't really want to be rideing around with to much oil in the bike. You could end up with all sorts of big problems.

Wes

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
If you really want to find out, take the oilpan off your bike and find out where exactly the oil pump is located in the sump. You can then find out if the oil is out of reach by the pump when the bike is up on one wheel. Always make sure your oil is at the FULL mark. It only takes a second to check, it's just cheap insurance. Otherwise you'll end up paying me $500 bucks for a motor rebuild. :)

·
KEEP YOUR ENEMYS CLOSER
167 Posts
as far as why your tranny had a false neutral i really could not tell
you without taking the pan off(atleast) but as far as stunt riding and oil in your bike i have a cbr 954 and a cbr 929 and i run i gallon of oil(4qts)
thats just about a 1/2 qt extra. it keeps the pickup from running dryand have never had a problem caused by it. that is not that much over that it would cause a prob...if your bike does find a false neutral again just try stopping and shutting off the bike and try putting it in first then start it up again. my zx7 used to do that....second gear was bad...hope this helped

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think Maddog is right. a couple of the guys I know that do them for long distances, run about an extra 1/2 quart of oil. Good luck

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
MADDOGC5 said:
as far as why your tranny had a false neutral i really could not tell
you without taking the pan off(atleast) but as far as stunt riding and oil in your bike i have a cbr 954 and a cbr 929 and i run i gallon of oil(4qts)
thats just about a 1/2 qt extra. it keeps the pickup from running dryand have never had a problem caused by it. i stunt ride in parking lots and i take it to the streets once in a while too. that is not that much over that it would cause a prob...if your bike does find a false neutral again just try stopping and shutting off the bike and try putting it in first then start it up again. my zx7 used to do that....second gear was bad...hope this helped
you ever have a problem with false neutrals? by chance do you know where the oil pick-up is on the 954? im doing bout 1/2mile sometimes longer stand ups and SOMETIMES ill set it down and up shift, and like the 4-5 or 5-6 shift the bike will rev real high then go into gear. dont know wtf is wrong

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have been riding it for a couple weeks now since the problem and it still makes noise slowing and i get problems going into 1st somtimes even other times it is all tight like it hsould be...if i stop at an intersection when it happends to be acting up and try rolling back with the clutch in and bike in 1st it stalls motor like clutch is messed up..but then a mile down the road the thing is shifting fine no rough spots if u stop again like that it is so strange it i gotta think the clutch is messed up some how some way

·
KEEP YOUR ENEMYS CLOSER
167 Posts
The Oil Pickup Is In The Oil Pan.....it Sounds Like You Are Not Shifting All The Way Into Gear And Then It Engages....but Guys I Know With Hardcore Stunt Bikes(cbr954 Or 929) Have Tranny Problems In General.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts