Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I know most of the guys on this thread can do wheelies without having to pop the clutch. I have a 250 ninja and I just can't get the damn thing up. Can someone give me good advice on the easiest and safest way to practice? Like what gear I need to be in, how many rpm's, how fast I need to be going, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
jacobhoyt said:
ok, I know most of the guys on this thread can do wheelies without having to pop the clutch. I have a 250 ninja and I just can't get the damn thing up. Can someone give me good advice on the easiest and safest way to practice? Like what gear I need to be in, how many rpm's, how fast I need to be going, etc. Thanks.
Dude, u need a b***** bike, BUT first learn how to ride the one you got .good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know the 250 ain't exactly the king of the road, but I am a newb and it's been a perfect starter bike. I know how to ride pretty well and I was just looking to practice a little before I got something b*****. Any advice on doing wheelies with my 250. I know it can be done.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
jacobhoyt said:
Yeah, I know the 250 ain't exactly the king of the road, but I am a newb and it's been a perfect starter bike. I know how to ride pretty well and I was just looking to practice a little before I got something b*****. Any advice on doing wheelies with my 250. I know it can be done.
Dude, I'm sorry but i do not condone wheelies, they are cool but I have found that they can be harmful to your health and the bikes and I will not be apart of that, sorry dude, but good luck.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
jacobhoyt said:
You're probably right. I Know that if I do it once, I will never stop. I guess it's just like smoking.
Even more addictive.

·
Meat Popsicle
764 Posts
My friend had a 250 he would get going about 15 mph in first pull the clutch redline it and let out. I dont recommend this Im just telling you what he did. I have a zx10r and I dont like doing wheelies just seems like a good way to tear up your bike and maybe yourself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you do start trying to ride wheelies, don't use the clutch popping way. It's just a hard kick on a b***** bike and if you aren't completely ready, it will kick you off the bike.

I don't know how hard it is to get a 250 up, but it won't be the same as a b***** bike has much more power to get it up. You can't really practice on something that you have to work so hard for and then get one that you don't...you will try to hard with more power and loop it.

I suggest the bouncing technique if you are going to do wheelies, but I have seen some bad wrecks, loops, and head shake that cause people to get hurt. I don't like wheelies on any normal streets and I would rather do them on back streets where you aren't going to hurt anyone but yourself.

Good luck and be careful.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It can be done.Learning to ride a wheelie can be dangerous for sure but once you the hang of it you really can wheelie anything.I am no wheelie king nor do I consider my self even good at it but I do know a few that can seem to be able to do it forver at just about any speed once you find your balance point you can go on as far as you want.I would try it on a dirt bike first just to get an idea of it.I had a VTR 250 a while back and I could get it up using throttle,clutch and weight transfer. Just use your head think before you do and if your not sure dont do it.Famous last words WATCH THIS! GOOD LUCK

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I used to have a ninja 250 and the only way to wheelie it is to get going like 5-10 MPH and pull the clutch in, rev to about 10K rpms and slip the clutch out real quick. Don't do it though, I fucked my clutch up in a hurry! I had to replace the clutch plates, friction plates, and clutch springs before I sold it!!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i saw a video of a guy doing a highchair on a ninja 250. he went up and over, and the bike went down. don't try it...

·
Registered
863 Posts
JohnH#1 said:
My friend had a 250 he would get going about 15 mph in first pull the clutch redline it and let out. I dont recommend this Im just telling you what he did. I have a zx10r and I dont like doing wheelies just seems like a good way to tear up your bike and maybe yourself.
REALLY good way to kill a ZX11 as well ... when the is wheel in the air all the oil falls away from the pickup tube, and before you know it you will kiss the already oil starved #3 goodbye.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a difference between rideing a wheelie on a balance point and a power wheelie.People have been riding wheelies ever since there were motorcycles it s just part of owning a bike.Im not saying everyone should be able to do it or should do it as your skills get better with time you will be able to get the feel of the bike and youll know when its right.Never let anyone talk you into doing something you not comfotable with DONT SHOW OFF.Here is a thought Have you ever seen a top racer that couldnt ride a wheelie?BE CAREFUL PLEASE. YOU CAN GET KILLED DOING THIS KIND OF THING

1 - 13 of 13 Posts