Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha no i dont want to do one with some1 on the back...just the shortest title i could give the thread! Anyways yesterday I took people on the back of my bike for the first time. Its a 87 cbr-600. Im about 6'1 185, and the girls each weighed no more than 110(no they werent on at the same time...one at a time). ANYWAYS...In second gear I went to do like 3/4 throttle...and I felt the front wheel start to feel like it was comin off the ground, so i quickly closed it. Now I know my bike isnt "powerful" but I was just wonderin if this was like common amongest bikes...or could it of been maybe they we werent sittin up far enough? If it will always do this, I onno if I wanna have passangers if I cant get out of the way if something were to happen. Thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
it happens if you dont judge the throttle right.. more weight on the back of the bike make its come up faster..

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
yep +1 on ^^^ the front end will come up a helluva lot faster w/a passenger. Me? I personally love being on the bike of the gix. Hate it on the R1 (well, it's my bike now and I dont' ride bitch on my own bike), but on the gix, it's as much fun as one can have involving two people, a motorcycle and no sex acts :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
i did that on my fzr with my friend on the back. thought i was downshifting to second, but i was downshifting into first, gunned it, and the wheel probably came 2 ft off the ground.

The easy way to fix that is to not ride as hard with passengers. at least not in 1st or 2nd gear.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
LOL I agree with Silent :dblthumb I used to do wheelies for miles on my dualsport with my girlfriend trying to force her boobs through my back.... always made me grin like the village idiot! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yep, the front end will definitely seem much lighter with someone on the back. During hard acceleration it will always feel like the front wheel is gonna come off the ground when riding a passenger.

Kinda funny because my girlfriend always gets 'concerned' when I tell her that I've been practicing wheelies. She would prefer that I kept both wheels on the ground but when I have her on the back she is always trying to encourage me to do one. :bitchslap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts