Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '03 zx6r and i've been wondering how to pop wheelies the easiest way. I've been told that the best would be to go around 1/4 of the way in first gear on my rpm's then gun and it should go up easily, but im scared it'll go too high, whats the best way?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think standing up is easiest. Run her out in 1st until you're into the powerband, let off throttle for a split second to load the front end, then whack the throttle back open and pull up. It should all happen in about a second.
At first you'll probably just lift the front a few inches. But it is much more controlled than using the clutch.
Keep the rear brake covered, or if that isn't working out, keep a couple fingers on the clutch.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
well, as much as I am against doing wheelies I am going to give you some advice. You sound like you are new to riding, if you MUST do wheelies, don't do them in first gear, it pops up to fast and too hard. Get into second gear at about 7-8k and blip the throttle (quick short twist and let off) to compress the front suspension, then lift slightly on the bars and go full throttle. This all has to happen very quickly. Or you can "clutch it up" I'll let someone else explain that.

The best thing to do though is not wheelie, but that's your deal.....(SEE everyone, I'm being more civil with the people that I don't agree with, I'm getting BETTER!)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
firefighter81 said:
well, as much as I am against doing wheelies I am going to give you some advice. You sound like you are new to riding, if you MUST do wheelies, don't do them in first gear, it pops up to fast and too hard. Get into second gear at about 7-8k and blip the throttle (quick short twist and let off) to compress the front suspension, then lift slightly on the bars and go full throttle. This all has to happen very quickly. Or you can "clutch it up" I'll let someone else explain that.

The best thing to do though is not wheelie, but that's your deal.....(SEE everyone, I'm being more civil with the people that I don't agree with, I'm getting BETTER!)

:eek: :eek: :eek: hell is startin to freeze over! that might be a good thing for me! :twofinger

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so how long ya been riding?

n10city35 said:
I have a '03 zx6r and i've been wondering how to pop wheelies the easiest way. I've been told that the best would be to go around 1/4 of the way in first gear on my rpm's then gun and it should go up easily, but im scared it'll go too high, whats the best way?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: hell is startin to freeze over! that might be a good thing for me! :twofinger
Hahaha, I'm giving up on telling noobs how I think they should be riding, I'm just gonna give information and not as many opinions (although I will still give opinions here and there). I did notice the ground got really cold, maybe hell is freezing over :lol

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
go to stuntlife... to have an online version of Jerry Springer stay here!
I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree...Go to stuntlife...You'll get much better advice on stunting...

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Don't try stand-ups yet. Go up to 7K kind of fast, let all the way off, hit it again quick. The front should pop up a little. Keep practicing until you got it. Don't try to get good real quick. It's not worth wrecking over.

I recommend learning how to ride first. Get the chicken strips off before you start wheelies.

·
Registered
533 Posts
ive been trying wheelies in the r6 once in awhile, for me the easiest way is in first i goto ~8-9k and let off the throttle to compress the forks a little and than give a quick grab of throttle.

im still a wheelie noob tho i cant ride them out or anything.

i think your 636 has more power than the r6 and u could pop it up in second too, seat and body position effects it a lot too. be safe wear gear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts