Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, Biker6 and I took the exchanging wheels post and ran with it. Here are the results. IMO - both bikes look great after (not that they didn't look good before :lao of course)

Before:

After:

thanks again Biker6

---parttime

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
parttime said:
well, Biker6 and I took the exchanging wheels post and ran with it. Here are the results. IMO - both bikes look great after (not that they didn't look good before :lao of course)
I'd have to agree with you there ..... the silver rims do look better on the Silver FZ6 & Black on the Blue one.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Sweeeettt!!! Good swap for both of you, congrats!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
greatzippy said:
I'd have to agree with you there ..... the silver rims do look better on the Silver FZ6 & Black on the Blue one.

+1 I'm not a fan of the black wheels, but I must admit, they should have been put on the blue bike. Between the two, they look much better there.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
crx81 said:
+1 I'm not a fan of the black wheels, but I must admit, they should have been put on the blue bike. Between the two, they look much better there.
make that +2....

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wow that looks sweet on both bikes.......soooo, any body close to southern Oregon with a silver fz. :grinbounc

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
I agree also. Yamaha missed it on this one. And to give credit where it's due...WTVa was the first to put black wheels on a blue bike. Nice call Wai!

(and another Richmonder, I might add)

Another thing I think they got wrong was changing the color of the silver....why not give us red or black if they wanted to offer a diff color?

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
I'm torn. I think the silver wheels make the silver fiz look "classier" maybe. but the black ones make it look sportier. I like the silver though. I think I'll have to do it.

Anyone with a slower blue in atlanta?? :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the way I see it: the silver rims on the silver bike helps to bring out the silver in the bike...and the black rims on the blue bike helps to accentuate the silver frame and engine

just wait til I put the lazer quad tips on :banana

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
I agree parttime. the more I look at it the more I want to do it. Once I white out the lights and get my exhaust (next week) I'll post some pics. In a perfect world someone will swap with me this weekend.

·
Registered
858 Posts
FAZR6 said:
I agree also. Yamaha missed it on this one. And to give credit where it's due...WTVa was the first to put black wheels on a blue bike. Nice call Wai!

(and another Richmonder, I might add)

Another thing I think they got wrong was changing the color of the silver....why not give us red or black if they wanted to offer a diff color?
Thanks Mike, I am with you think they should of left silver alone and brought a new color over to this side of the pond too. Yeah I am happy with the black rims on the blue bike since I have to much blue on mine it helps to break things up a little :)
For the newer folks here is a link to the old thread and pics..
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=279263

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
greatzippy said:
Hmmm.. Hey Zippy..
What colors your bike? :rolleyes :smokin

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Anyone around Atlanta wanna swap me silver for black?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not trying to be too different but I prefer silver on both bikes. I has a cleaner look to it. I am sure the black don't show up the grease specks as much as the silver. So I guess that would be a plus. Maybe.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That is why we have choices. There is no perfect color to appease everyone. Everyone has their own taste. I prefer silver. The next guy likes black it's all good. As long as everyone can all agree on that the Silver FZ6 is the faster of the two colors, you can paint the rims orange for all I care. :eek:nfloor :headbang :devil :nutkick :smokin

·
POP
490 Posts
Damn_Yankee said:
Anyone around Atlanta wanna swap me silver for black?
I'd trade with you but it may be awhile before I'm down that way again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i ve got the slowver rims on my bike and i think thats whats slowing it down. so if anyone is willing to trade silver for black. i m interested!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
generalpow said:
i ve got the slowver rims on my bike and i think thats whats slowing it down. so if anyone is willing to trade silver for black. i m interested!!!
Good sales job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts