Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
gp shifting is nice because when your leaned over coming out of a turn your toe wont hit the ground when you are trying to upshift. i ran gp shift when i was at the track, but theres really no need for it on teh street.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a reversed pattern, 1 up & 5 down. Why they don't come from the factory like this is a mystery. Anybody thinking about it should try it, takes about 5 minutes to do and 30 minutes of riding to get used to. I know I'll never go back to the normal pattern.

·
Registered
238 Posts
lol notice everyone so far that is running gp style is on a suzuki. Proly just becasue its so easy to switch over, never looked at how hard it would be on other bikes.

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Matt Mladin doesn't seem to think GP shifting is the secret to success. :cheers

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
How do you go about doing it, if it is a five min fix?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oober said:
How do you go about doing it, if it is a five min fix?
I not quite sure on some models but on suzuki's all you have to do is turn the shift arm on the tranny 180 degrees some times you have to trim the body work
you should be able to do this in 15 mins

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
fastgsxr said:
I not quite sure on some models but on suzuki's all you have to do is turn the shift arm on the tranny 180 degrees some times you have to trim the body work
you should be able to do this in 15 mins
I am going to look in to this tomorrow, and try it out. Maybe I will post pics and do a step-by-step-shit-fix-step-works woohoo! on the procedure for my 02' F4i.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Not only do you need reverse shifting, but you also need a Quickshifter...

Got the QuickShifter direct from Graves, along with their Shift Rod.

Installation was a snap and the inculded software allows you to configure min RPM for Clutch-less shifting and Millisecond delay time...

Per Chuck Graves I set it up to allow shifting above 9,000 RPM with a delay time of 65ms.

·
Registered
415 Posts
alphaandomega said:
lol notice everyone so far that is running gp style is on a suzuki. Proly just becasue its so easy to switch over, never looked at how hard it would be on other bikes.

how easy?

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
who has removed their front sprocket cover??? I have a 01 6R, and my front sprocket cover would prevent me from flipping my shift lever.... I want to try this... Would taking the sprocket cover off do anything bad to my bike??? The speedo pick-up is mounted to my sprocket cover, so that might make it a problem. Advice?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts