Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Now that we all have been riding our FZ6s for a little while.
Have you ever thought of what will be your Next Bike?

Let's say for some reason, you have the opportunity to get a new bike...
(For whatever reason, you got a good buyer, you had an accident, ...)

What will it be? Another FZ6? or something else?

I really love my FZ6 but I think my next bike would either be an FZ1 or an Interceptor (VFR800)

The Interceptor looks like the right choice if I want to upgrade my power but still stay in the same class...

so.... What say you? :fiddy

·
POP
490 Posts
My next one (plan on keeping the fz6) will be a v-twin of some sort. Not sure which one. TL1000R, RC51, SV1000S, SV650S

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Crap shoot between FJR and R1.

Or, if the lifetime of my FZ6 gives me all sorts or problems, I'll probably be tempted to try whatever model gix 1000 is around at the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cruiser. Have an hour ride to work with almost no turns. I always thought I would sell the FZ6 and upgrade in a few years but I think the FZ6 is staying for good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thinking about a red/black GSX-R600.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
ukdej79 said:
My next one (plan on keeping the fz6) will be a v-twin of some sort. Not sure which one. TL1000R, RC51, SV1000S, SV650S
From what I've read, after riding the FZ, you'd be disapointed in the performance (or lack thereof) of the SV1000S.

·
Registered
36 Posts
6ALWAYS said:
Good question. I kind of like the Yamaha warrior.
Good choice..........I'm all over the Warrior. Sport cruiser....best of both worlds. The midnight Warrior is an awesome bike, take the garbage can off the side and put some real pipes on it, sounds great!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Banshee291261 said:
Good choice..........I'm all over the Warrior. Sport cruiser....best of both worlds. The midnight Warrior is an awesome bike, take the garbage can off the side and put some real pipes on it, sounds great!
I'm with you fellas.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
1st choice: Triumph ST3
2nd choice: Honda VFR

·
Registered
196 Posts
I kinda like the Warrior But I think I am dead set on a Ninja zx10r but I will keep the Fz6 till it blows up. I plan on my younger brother learning to ride on it so I hope it last that long he is almost 15 I think he will do well on it as I learned to ride on this bike so I am sure he will do well lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I rode the warrior at Sturgis and was highly disappointed...My buddy rode the FJR and was also disappointed....vibrations worst than anything I've seen and the power was not impressive. If you are not Yamaha crazy, the ST1300 has been touted higher than the FJR....

For me, I will either get an ST1300, 1800 VTX or VROD. Or keep the FZ6 and get a gold wing for long weekends with the wife and dog...

·
Registered
341 Posts
R1 or GSXR1000

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I'm thinking an RC-51 or an R1 for the next upgrade, but I'd also like to have an older project bike that I could tinker with while having the FZ6 as the daily. Maybe an old BSA or Triumph or something. Something fun to work on and ride around the city every once in a while.

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
If I keep the FZ6, the next will be a cruiser. If I sell the FZ6, it will be an R1. I'll probably also have a Goldwing waaaaay off in the future. I'll always have a sportbike though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am one of the few people who came to the fz6 from a b***** bike. I had a 2003 fz1 (which i loved), better power yes (especially for 2 up), smoother shifting yes, better clutch feel yes, but my fz6 is lighter, handles better, has plenty of power, gets 20 mpg more, is fuel injected (i know this will be adressed for 2006 fz1), is $2000 cheaper, and cheaper to insure. Ive added a givi trunk, which i love, so i figure i have a baby FJR600. I cant really see a reason to "up"grade. I do like the hard bags of the FJR but i can get them from givi if i like. I must confess that i am very curious to see to the fz1, but i highly doubt i would go back to that bike.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I'm still enjoying my FZ6 so much to even think about another bike. Once I looked at an R1 Raven and it felt like I was cheating on a:bitchslap girlfriend!:lao

I'll keep this bike until she (knock on wood) dies on me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts