Sport Bikes banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ADMIT THAT BRIGGS/KOHER 750/1000cc V-twins are made from very low grade metal and wear quickly. 15,000-20,000 miles =worn out. But if done correctly , adding HORSEPOWER DOES NOT SHORTEN ENGINE LIFE. And they only cost 1200$ for a COMPLETE NEW ENGINE. And yes, they sound like a Harley .

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
your posting style is annoying.

but you post enough cool bikes to make me not care.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Congrates Knee drag.You now own the best literbike/superbike on the Market. I own the Aprilia RSV4 R because I preferred the white. Then worked the bike in all areas and made my Aprilia RSV4R faster than the BMW S1000RR. ( My son owns a BMW S1000RR)
I own all the Current top tier Literbikes and None Handle as well as the Aprilia RSV4.
I have a Motorcycle roadrace team and my rider does lap times 1-1.5 seconds faster on the Aprilia RSV4 R than any of my other Literbikes/Superbikes.
You continue to strain my credulity.

PhilB

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The Briggs & Stratton 1000cc V-Twin comes stock with 35HP. So he sent the engine to Race shop specializing in Super Modified lawn mower racing engines . They raised compression to 13.5:1 to roughly 125 HORSEPOWER. and 115lbs torque.
So by raising the compression ratio to must run methanol numbers 125hp out of a side valve motor.

It would of been easier quicker and cheaper to put an Aprilia Rotax or something similar at least you'd be vaguely credible.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have three bikes.

1. Ducati Street Fighter
2. Chopper with a S& S, lots of rake, preferably a soft tail so I could ride it.
3. Custom Street Glide with great stereo, Air Ride, S & S engine, something to ride even more than the above.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Kind of boring. But my dream bike is the one I bought a couple months ago. 2010 ZX10R SE, it was between this and an 07 1098 or a 10 R1. The Ninja only had a little over 1000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would like to own a 2007 Ducati desmosdici rr. Just so I have something that very few people have. I wouldn't let it sit either, bikes and cars are made to be driven, and not museum pieces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Long time but to reply to Horsepower figures the ...993cc SUPERCHARGED... Briggs and Stratton 90 degree ,v-twin in the GPZ Kawasaki is roughly 125hp at the crank ALL forged internals worked heads, high lift racing cams ect ect . So why would 125hp seem like a unattainable figure to you? The ONLY part left stock is the BLOCK. The ONLY reason you cant attain higher horsepower is the Blockis make from very porous LOW quality metal. ...Briggs and Stratton 993cc engines are used in UTV vehies, industrial water pumps and roughly 20 other different uses. Hell they get 70hp out of them as outboard boat engines called mud motors . They are made of cheap materials but can be upgraded to attain 120hp AND double durability . ... Briggs planned obselessents is designed to have lawn tractor wear out after 5-10 years . Mowers are not really used much . In commercial use they rebuild them on regular basis . I gave a llandscaping friend forged internals to use instead of stock oem parts and so far durability is 5 times as great (block is wearing thin now )

·
Registered
301 Posts
I almost own my dream bike, it's my 2015 Triumph Bonneville, in black, the last of the proper air-cooled motors. It fits me just right, it meshes perfectly with my preferred riding style, it's fun as all on twisty, winding country roads, and it's easily my favorite of the 5 bikes I've owned. Now if only the seat didn't feel like its made of concrete with 1/16th inch of foam and some vinyl tacked over it ...

81 - 92 of 92 Posts