Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm driving down a local street here in houston, a city of crazy drivers and crazy people. traffic is especially bad at this particular time in the day. so i'm sitting at a light and this guy flies by me on a,looks like a cbr,sport bike with his helmet not on his head,but sitting on his gas tank and he's holding it on with the elbows. wtf? whats wrong with this guy, i can understand riding without leathers,gloves,or boots.... but no helmet c'mon. oh well,i understand that its just how some people ride but how do you guys feel about fellow riders that do this kinda crap.its not like he's gonna be able to anticipate a freak accident crash,and put his helmet on before his face hits the pavement. sorry bout the rant, it just blows my mind that this guys carries his helmet around between his elbows and might possibly think that he's safe.

just the other day i saw another person with their helmet hanging on the side of the bike with the straps hanging down past the chain. i saw a thread about this a few days ago so i'm just mentioning it

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Squids, stupid stupid, squids, that's all they are. Darwin will catch up to them one day, if not they will be eating out of a straw for the rest of their life.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
No that's pretty smart. That way while riding his head stays cool, but if he's crashing he can put it on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ lol,thats what i'm sayin. didn't seem like the guy was inexperienced. took off nice, looked confident, etc...

but oh well,this was just a rant so w/e

·
Registered
402 Posts
f2benny said:
No that's pretty smart. That way while riding his head stays cool, but if he's crashing he can put it on.
Yea, grab it like a chute when the plane is going down. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
His head - not mine. These rants are like one cage driver bitching because they see another cage driver not wearing a seat belt, unnecessary IMHO.
Keep yourself safe and let the next guy do his/her own thing as they knowingly accept all consequences for their actions by riding like that. You can't change it so why waste your time ranting about it?
Please don't take this as a personal flame, it is not my intention. It's just after reading 30 or so threads on different forums about this same type of thing it tends to get old, and in the end the gearless rider just keeps making their rounds while everyone else keeps bitching about them.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I quit trying to figure out why people don't wear gear, I wear mine and that's that.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
What about the ppl that actually have a helmet on, but it's not entirely "ON". it's kinna just sitting on top of their scalp?! I've seen this AOLT.. I'm thinking that they use their lids as scarfs. (Like older ladies do) to keep the top of hair from being wind blown.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Maybe I'm a pussy or something, but honestly I can't even imagine riding without my full 2-pc suit on the street or my 1pc on the track. So I can't even begin to think what is going through these people's heads who don't wear helmets (except the pavement when they crash). Just makes me shiver just thinking about it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My guess is that the guy has something under his helmet which is important to him (i.e. using the helmet as something like a tank bag). Otherwise it makes no sense why he complicates things. But then again maybe he saw a lot of pics of bikes with the helmets on the tanks and maybe he thinks that's where the helmet should be even when riding.

·
Registered
706 Posts
1quick1 said:
I live in Ohio and 90% riders around here don't wear helmets.
That is so true. I've been thru Ohio so many times, I don't think I've ever seen a rider with a helmet. To each his own I say. Some people just have to learn life's lessons the hard way.

·
Registered
968 Posts
21 natas said:
I quit trying to figure out why people don't wear gear, I wear mine and that's that.
Exactly my thought. I've given up trying to figure other people out.

·
Registered
905 Posts
ive found that way more "cruiser" riders dont wear any gear than sportbike riders. in my little area of town, there are about 50 cruisers to every sportbike. every doctor and lawyer and indian chief down here has a cruiser. they never ever wear helmets, or anything. most of the sportbike riders i see have at least a helmet that matches the paint scheme of their bike. thats better than nothing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts