Sport Bikes banner

What's the superior way to rehash old threads?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the superior way to rehash old threads?

Vote or die.

·
Ride Twins!
1,957 Posts
Make a new post asking the same old question but with a twist....

add a poll to it

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Post a new one, how would you ever know if you picked out the right old one out of the 300 that you have to choose from?

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post a new one, how would you ever know if you picked out the right old one out of the 300 that you have to choose from?
Sort by number of replies, and choose the largest one which isn't locked.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Assuming this is a serious question, I voted to start a new thread IF your question isn't answered in any of the old ones. Members will be more likely to read through a shorter new thread than try to wade through pages of an old one. With new members every day, you're more likely to get some "fresh" input. YMMV

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Dumb thread topics / no useful content threads getting bumped gets a paddling, and intersting thread topics / meaningful content being bumping doesn't get anything.

There should be some sort of 'best of the forum' section where all the gigantic threads go. John parks thread can go in there. One giant oil thread can go in there. Whatever. But since I came up with the idea it wont go through. Then again if I act extra passive aggressive about it the devil worshipers might reconsider.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Sort by number of replies, and choose the largest one which isn't locked.
Good in theory however how many actually stay on topic? You may only have 3 replies to the question at hand and 400 "repost/your a dumb ass for asking again", replies.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Repost and title it completely different from the original. Then word it differently, as much as possible. I can only imagine the flack you could get around here for a repost!

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good in theory however how many actually stay on topic? You may only have 3 replies to the question at hand and 400 "repost/your a dumb ass for asking again", replies.
How about the reverse? Sort by replies and choose the smallest.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
How about the reverse? Sort by replies and choose the smallest.
Couldn't tell ya, seen posts go w/o any replies so what will that get you. Just start another and be ready for the repost police to come out and have their fun.:lao

·
Old school fool
1994 CB 1000
5,725 Posts
Repost and title it completely different from the original. Then word it differently, as much as possible. I can only imagine the flack you could get around here for a repost!
I think that's been said several times before - albeit differently. :twofinger

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I voted for start a new thread.

Although it's annoying answering and seeing the same questions over and over again, it's even more annoying to post a reply and then notice a thread is 3 years old.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Ah, what the hell, sometimes I don't mind the old ones coming back from the dead... I sometimes like feeling nostalgic and taking a skip down memory lane. :lol

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Make a new post asking the same old question but with a twist....

add a poll to it
Aughahahhahahhaahhahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaha :eek:nfloor:lao

1 - 17 of 17 Posts