Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know how far everyone here has gone on their bikes.

I went from NC to PA leaving Friday and go back home last night.
Going up there I thought all was well until I hit right before Baltimore. I'm not sure what the hell was going on but I hit the worst traffic I have seen in a while. I sat there for about 30-40 minutes before I decided to very carefully white line it. The traffic went on for miles on end down I-95!

Friday I left at 2:30pm and arrived in Exton PA @ around 2am.
Left Sunday at around 1 and go back here at 10pm
Slightly over 500miles each way.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My longest trip was from Jersey to Montreal and back in 4 days. This is hardly remarkable at all.

Every other sunday or Monday I like to ride 250-300 miles in one day. That is alot of fun.

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
My longest trip this year was from the south coast of England up to the Scottish highlands to go mountain walking.
I didn't clock it but it's about 700 miles there (and the same back obviously !).

And a couple of years ago a few of us went down the south of France for the Bol D'or 24 hr race, then we went around the south of France and over the Alps into Italy and back up through Italy and then a nice relaxing weekend in Amsterdam. :)

My favourite rides are all day ones, tank bag and a stuff bag strapped on the back, it's what big bikes were made for. :)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
There was already a thread about this, try doing a search before posting....

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That is the thread I was referring to... *scratches head* wait why is that a different topic? I'm confused haha

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Spike said:
That is the thread I was referring to... *scratches head* wait why is that a different topic? I'm confused haha
Doh ! ..."How many miles have you ridden this year" ? or "What's the longest trip you've ever taken the bike on" ?

sorry mate, but they're different questions, If I'd only got a bike at the beginning of this year they might be similar, but I've had bikes for years, as have a load of people on here, so they're different. :)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
OHHHHH I see it... carry on :D

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Spike, how do you post three times in a thread and never answer the question :lol

hmm I think 450 miles total. nothing worth talking about.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Ca$h said:
Spike, how do you post three times in a thread and never answer the question :lol

hmm I think 450 miles total. nothing worth talking about.
*looks around* uhhhhhhhhh WHOOPS! Sorry I was being a postwhore and not contributing, I'll get right on that.

The longest I've ever ridden was 600 miles in a day.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spike said:

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I went to Florida from Kentucky this summer. A total of about 900 one way. It was a blast. Have to like your own company riding by yourself. :) Best time of my life.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I bought a bike in TN a couple of years back and rode it home (TX) around 1300 miles and did it in a day and a half, wasn't much fun though it rained half of the time.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i went from my house to CVS pharmacy for a total of two blocks lol, then again i only had my bike for three days lol

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
Rode to Dallas from Austin (3 hrs. one way) this past weekend to see my fiance......I'll never do it again! My back is killing me!!!

Before that I rode to Jacksonville from Orlando when I lived in Orlando. That was 2 hrs but I was in much better shape than I currently am and my back wasn't such an issue as it is now.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
Just weekendbefore last...... went with two guys from orlando over to cedar key and along the coast then up to talahassee..... We did a total of about 900 miles, but I was itching for more... we were only gone from 9am saturday till about 6pm sunday.... we coulda done double that!!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
houston to san fran and back via route 66, 5000mi 2 weeks. on my VFR

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
St Louis to Seattle to San Diego to New Orleans and back to St Louis...took a month...I have ridden to Sturgis from Florida and back and to Sturgis from St. Louis and back multiple times...

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Umm, only about 150 miles in a day. Luckily, I live very close to my local canyons. Where else would you want to go?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
CyberBiker rode from New Hampshire to Wisconsin just a couple months ago :) *gosh I love a man with STAMINA* :lao

1 - 20 of 57 Posts