Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

whats the horsepower for this bike??

AND are all years HP the same, (is the HP of an 2000 same as a 2003's??) cause ive heard this bike hasnt changed in awhile.

just wondering..cause im thinking of buying one next year!!! maybe an 04 or 03. :) :leghump

Thanks

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Cycle's Sportbike 2004 has an article comparing the ZX-6 (whatever it's called this year), the Katana 600, and the 600R. I assume the mag is located in SoCal, and their dyno said 90hp. Adjust for your altitude.

BTW, that same article ranks the 600R as best of the three, but I think they should have put the F4i in there too as the F4i is the closest thing to the 600R for 'second tier' bikes.

EDIT: the 600R is virtualy unchanged since 1998. So other than a few minor touches, it's the same bike today as then. I would expect the power output to be similar

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
These hp numbers you guys are listing messured at the rear tire?

Not sure what paper rag it was but I recall reading somewhere it was rated at 100hp and like 41ft/lbs of torque. But I could be way off, just what I recall reading.

And on a note about the F4i and 600R being compaired I don't think they are on the same playing feild. IMO, the F4i is more compairable to the R6 class than the 600R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts